ChapterTwo

Harry's POV
FirstYear-DayThree

Two days into the Winter break and Harry was already bored with himself.

The first day Harry had spent out on the Quidditch pitch, thinking he'd get in some practice, but there was no one to practice with. It had also started to snow and by the time Harry retreated from the grounds and back up to the Gryffindor common room his fingers had turned a shade from blue. So unfortunately his Nimbus2000 lay abandoned across Ron's empty bed.

The second day Harry let himself sleep in. Eventually though, tired of his own thoughts, he got up to get an early start on homework.
Only ten minutes later he was practically cross eyed from boredom. Giving up after another ten minutes of struggle Harry decided to completely leave the common room, but where would he go?

After the run in with Fluffy, Hagrid's three headed dog, Harry didn't much feel like aimlessly wandering around Hogwarts. Thinking he'd visit Hagrid, Harry was halfway back to Gryffindor Tower, to bundle up for the cold weather, when he glanced out a window and saw that thick heavy snow covered the ground. So much snow that it was unlikely he'd be able to walk in it. With a sigh Harry decided that visiting Hagrid would have to wait.

Now Harry was on day three. In a gloomy mood already, without much hope for the day, Harry dragged himself out of bed. Things only got worse when Harry moped into the great hall for another lonely meal only to find that he was not actually alone. Malfoy and another student sat at a single rectangular table that had taken the place of the four house tables ever since the break had commenced. Not only were there less tables but the one at the centre of the room was considerably smaller. Just as Harry was about to leave the Great Hall whilst he was still unnoticed there came a kind gentle voice from behind him. "Good morning Harry, doing alright?" Harry jumped and turned to see the tall whimsical figure of The Hogwarts Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore.

Trying not to gawk Harry attempted to form a coherent response "Yes, Sir, quite well." Then thinking it would be rude not to ask the question in return he added, "what about you, Professor, how are you?"

Smiling, though Harry thought it looked a little forced, Dumbledore said, "Just fine, Harry. Not as well as one would hope to be throughout the holidays, but nothing I can't manage. Now before I burden you with my worries perhaps you'd join me for breakfast?" Dumbledore winked and motioned with his hand towards the table, where Malfoy and the other student had been glancing over but were now staring rather hard down at their plates.

Feeling a little pressured, Harry nodded to the Headmaster. As Dumbledore swept through The Great Halls entrance Harry followed in a far less dramatic fashion. He was nervous because 1. He'd be eating in rather close quarters with Dumbledore and 2. He'd be eating with Malfoy. Trying to contain himself Harry sat beside Dumbledore, who was at the head of the table, and across from Malfoy.
Feeling awkward Harry voiced his request, "toast and Porridge." Then feeling rather foolish he added, "please." Seconds later his plate was full of food that hadn't been there a second earlier.

Across from him Malfoy snapped, "Eggs done easy over, firm yolk, sprinkled with diced bacon." Quickly he said, "not too crispy!"
Hearing this Harry almost spat out the bite of toast he'd just taken because Harry had only ever known one other person to be so picky about their food and that person was his cousin, Dudley Dursley.

The two boys eyes met, Malfoy was glaring, obviously he'd seen Harry's reaction to his order. Thankfully though he said nothing and started eating the food that had just appeared in front of him.

"Good morning Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Clearwater how are you?" Dumbledore spoke to both other students at the table.

"Oh, Professor Dumbledore, Sir-" and with that the other student, Harry was pretty sure her name was Penny...or was it Patty? jumped into conversation with the Headmaster. (Something about quill quality.) After several long minutes she still hasn't stopped and Harry ate in silence. Something touched his foot and Harry jumped. Looking down, then up, Harry looked over at Malfoy. Realizing Harry was looking at him the other boy looked up from his own meal, Harry cocked an eyebrow, Malfoy only then jerked his foot back. Harry watched as the embarrassed Slytherin blushed.

From the rafters came the sound of wings. Exited, Harry glanced up to see three owls soar into the room all together, one of which landed in front of his breakfast. He untied the letter from around the birds leg and then fed the rumpled owl the crusts of his toast, and with that the owl left.

Harry,
Guess what?! I got to see a Hungarian Horntail! I might also get the chance to see one or two more dragons if I'm lucky.
Hey, here's something to make you laugh, I told mum you said yes to a stay at the burrow over the summer, unfortunately Ginny(I don't know if you remember her or not, she's my little sister, a year younger then you and I) overheard and now she won't shut up about getting your autograph.

Hope things are okay at Hogwarts. Have you had any run ins with Malfoy yet? If so I expect a full detail story in your letter back.
Also Is there really fairies that sing Christmas carols in the corridors? Fred and George told me there was, of course it's likely they were fibbing. Only eleven days left until Hermione and I get back, hold on mate.
-Ron

Harry grinned down at his letter. He looked up at the sound of a chair being pushed back, it was Dumbledore.

"Good day to the three of you." Dumbledore gave them all a warm smile. "I enjoyed this meal with you all very much but I have a thing or two to tend to."

Harry tried to look more closely at the note in Dumbledores hand but before he could make out anything more than the Headmasters name on the front of the envelope he was leaving the room. Glancing around Penny (Patty?) looked a little lost now that she had no one but two first years to talk to. Malfoy was frowning down at the letter he had received. Seeing no reason to stay any longer now that he'd finished all that had been on his plate Harry began to get up when quite to his surprise Malfoy jumped from his seat. "CouldihaveagoonyourNimbus2000?"

"Pardon?" Harry asked, not having made out a single word from all that Malfoy had just rushed out.

Looking away the Slytherin muttered in a much quieter voice, "Could I have a go on your Nimbus2000?"

Harry was taken back and was wavering in his response when he asked himself what else he could possibly do with his time instead.

"Sure, why not?" Harry said aloud before he could change his mind. Malfoys head snapped up, clearly he was shocked.

"Meet me at the pitch in ten," Harry told the other boy, who nodded. Leaving the room Harry walked until he was sure no one could see or hear him. Then he started running up to his dorm, where he pulled on a coat, black gloves, and a Gryffindor scarf. He raced in the direction of the Quidditch pitch, Broomstick in hand.
-x-

I know it's not super intense yet but remember two things
1. They're[Draco and Harry]just in first year so they aren't about to slam each other against the wall for a make out session(yet;)
2. This is only the beginning. Things will get more exiting as we go

If you have any advice I'm totally open to it, share your thoughts in the comments below.
Hope you liked this chapter