ChapterFortySeven

Harry's POV
FifthYear-DayEight(Day after Christmas) ((They're up so late that it's technically the next day-it's like early morning))

His belly was full and his head and heart felt happy. Harry loved the Holiday's, loved them because nothing could top all eating all that delicious food and then being able to craw into a wonderfully warm bed at the end of the day. Loved them because he got to be with friends and family. At least most of them. Harry still hadn't heard back from Draco and the lack of communication had been nagging him all day. He'd tried to think of other things, tried distracting himself by spending time with Sirius and the Weasley's, but it was no use.

His footfalls on the old houses stairwell made the old wood creak as he made his way to his and Ron's room.

"Nice jumper, Ron!" Fred called, coming up behind Harry and his best mate.

"Yeah, lovin' the colour." Commented George, also falling into step.

"Brings out your," the tips of Fred's lips twitched upward,"ears."

"And your hair." George added smirking at his twin.

"What a lovely colour maroon is."

"Shove off!"Ron's ears had turned pink, his face flushed crimson.

"Aw is ikle Ronnikins upset?" Fred teased, slinging his arm across Ron's shoulder. The hallway took a turn and Harry stepped ahead of the Weasley brothers.

"Poor Ronnie," George pinched his younger brothers cheek, "you aren't really upset are you?""

Ron growled and shoved Fred's arm off
his shoulder. The twins howled with laughter, stopping at their bedroom, Ron pulled ahead to catch up with Harry. "Thanks for having my back." Ron grumbled.

Harry looked his friend in the eyes. "Hey, that's a nice jumper Ro-"

The fire haired boy slugged him on the upper arm, hard. Harry didn't have to fake being hurt, he rubbed his now tender skin. "Merlin's hairy balls Ron. It's not that bad."

The ginger rolled his eyes as he pushed their door open. "Says you."

"What's that mean?"

"I don't see you in a maroon jumper."

Harry chuckled as Ron only continued to pout, a sour expression twisting his features. "Whatever mate."

The two of them shuffled around the room getting ready to sleep. Harry stripped down to his boxers and crawled into bed. Ron, who'd done the same, put his hand up to the light switch. "Can I?"

Harry removed his glasses and ran a hand through his coal-black hair. "Go for it."

The room was plunged into darkness for only  a moment before Ron whispered "Lumos" and the tip of his wand lit up. Harry settled down and pulled the covers up over his body as Ron made his way through the dark back to his bed.

"G'night, Harry."

"Night, Ron."

-x-

Harry woke from a light sleep, to a 'tap tap tap' coming from the window. It took him a moment to realize that he was awake. When he did it dawned on him that it was likely Hedwig with a letter from Draco. Harry shoved the sheets back and scrambled to push his glasses up his nose. Standing up, blood
rushing to his head, he shook out his jeans from the day before. His wand clattered to the floor from a pocket. Harry snatched it up and muttered "Lumos" at the same time as he chucked his jeans back on the floor. The whole time the tapping persisted, which made Harry's brow crease. If Hedwig woke Ron up he would question who the letter was from. The thought made Harry quicken his steps, he really didn't want to lie to Ron. However, he decided that if it came down to it he reluctantly would. When he got to the large window he threw the  heavy curtains back and pushed the glass open.