ChapterTwentyNine

Hermione's POV
FourthYear-(Before commencement of winter break)

Hermione found the stories Professor Moody used to teach his classes simply fascinating. He had just finished one about his earlier days when he'd been a young auror catching death eaters. The whole class, Gryffindors and Slytherins alike, sat in shocked silence at the edge of their seats. The looks on the other students faces ranged from amazement to horror.

"-next class we'll start practicing those spells" the defence against the dark arts teacher told the silent room, wrapping up the lesson before taking a large swig from his flask.

"Sir," Pansy Parkinson's hand flew into the air. The sight of this made Hermione want to leave the class. Anything the other girl had to say couldn't be good. When Profesor Moody's magical eye landed on her, Pansy seemed to shrink in her seat and loose some of her confidence along with some of her attitude. "Next class won't be for another two weeks. We have winter Holiday." She managed to muster a decent amount of dignity.

"Ah that's right Ms. Parkinson" Professor Moody acknowledged as he made his way over to his desk, sitting down at the edge of the large scuffed up piece of furniture. "And I suppose you'll be staying at school for this Yule Ball or what not?"

All the girls giggled at this. Dancing lessons had recently started and they were all eager for the big night. The boys however joined Hermione in sinking down in their seats.

That was but one boy, Malfoy, who leaned forward in his seat, attracting Hermione's attention. He caught her eye because while everyone else was giving Professor Moody their undevided attention, his head of platinum blond hair was bent over a sheet of parchment that he was writing on with a fancy peacock quill.
She wondered why Professor Moody hadn't called him out yet, surly he saw the other boy not paying attention as well.
Hermione wondered if it was possible that he could perhaps be reading what Malfoy wrote.

At that moment Malfoy set down his quill and folded the parchment in half. He then shifted in his chair so it looked like he was crossing his legs when actually he used his left foot to nudge...Harry? Malfoy had nudged Harry's leg. Hermione was so taken aback that she almost didn't see the exchange that occurred beneath the table.
Harry was already leaning back so no one seemed to notice when Malfoy shifted again in his seat to pass Harry the parchment.

-x-

Ron's POV

Ron was in awe over some of the things his defence against the dark arts Professor had accomplished. Some of the spells he'd used were extremely impressive - Ron glanced over at Harry to see if his best mate was hearing all this - however, as it happened, Harry wasn't. Instead he seemed to be preoccupied by a piece of parchment he was holding under the desk and grinning at. Leaning over his friends shoulder, to see what could possibly be more interesting than Moody's stories, Ron was upset when Harry turned the parchment away so that he couldn't read it.

Harry picked up his quill and started writing at a feverish pace.
His reply? Who was Harry trading notes with? Was he asking a girl to the Yule Ball? A flurry of possibilities flew through Ron's head.

"Harry whose that for?" He whispered.

"Shh Ron!"

"Is it for a girl?" He pestered.

"Shh!"

Ron frowned and leaned away. Harry wanted to keep secrets, fine.... Actually, he took that back, it wasn't. He watched out of the corner of his eye as Harry gingerly folded the note and passed it back to...

"Malfoy!" Moody bellowed and the whole class jumped in their seats before 20 heads promptly swivelled around to look at the pale faced Slytherin who'd gone, if possible, even paler under everyone's gaze. "What've you got there?" Moody growled clunking forward on his fake leg.

"Nothing sir" Malfoy squeaked shoving the parchment out of sight.

"Pass it here" Moody demanded not giving room for debate. 

Malfoy's eyes widened and he shook his head. Ron would normally enjoy watching Malfoy squirm, however he wasn't the only one shifting about in his chair.
Beside him Harry looked just as, if not more, uncomfortable. What could have possibly been in that note?

"I said pass it here."

Draco stared. Suddenly Harry cut in "Its me sir. I was the one passing notes."

Moody regarded Harry then Malfoy, than Harry again with a deep set scowl before grunting "Come see me after class Mr. Potter."

"Yes sir" Harry wasn't throwing Malfoy off the broom?

Another grunt.

"Alright back to more important matters" Moody pulled the other students eyes back to him.

"Ms. Parkinson is right, it's another two weeks before we have another class" They all started smiling at each other, that was before Moody finished his thought. "So I'm giving you some homework for over the winter Holiday."
They all groaned.

-x-

Harry's POV

He was so relieved when class ended. He had to get out. His housemates eyes kept searching him, silently asking about why he'd been passing notes with Malfoy.
Thank Merlin Professor Moody had let it go. Harry wasn't sure what would have happened had he made Draco or himself read the note aloud. He didn't want to even think about it.

Everyone started packing away their supplies before spilling out of the class into the familiar castle corridors.
Harry couldn't believe it was already his fourth year at Hogwarts. Three more to go...

"Potter!" Moody barked from his desk at the front of the room. Harry hurried over. If there was anyone else he didn't want on his bad side it was Moody.

The grizzled old man was the son of a hurricane and a tornado. A living storm.

"Yes sir?"

"You do understand you can't be passing notes in my class Potter?"

"Of course sir."

"Good man" Moody slapped his back. "Alright then, off you go."

Harry was almost out the door when Moody called out "Potter?"

Harry turned, his nervousness returning "Yes sir?"

"My advice?" His expression was deadly serious "stay away from Malfoy."

Harry wasn't sure what to make of this. "Have a good day sir."

-x-

FourthYear(I'm so excited to share it with you all!) I have it all planned out and I've started prewriting chapters and this is just going to be a really really big year for Harry and Draco;)

I need some new music to listen to so if any of you have a song you'd like to share leave a comment<3 please vote