ChapterFiftyThree

Harry's POV
SixthYear-DayOne

Harry woke to have crinkly packets thrown at him. He grunted and rolled over but whoever was throwing them was persistent because they kept coming. When one of them hit Harry's face he pulled the covers over his head. Ron's familiar laughter reached his ears as his duvet was pulled off his body and cool air met the skin on his chest and legs. Ron jumped on his bed and showered him with more of the crinkly packets. Harry opened his eyes and squinted but all we could make out were little blue blobs. However once he'd shoved his glasses up his nose he easily identified what was being pelted at him as condoms. He blushed heavily. "What the bloody hell mate?!" he demanded throwing his pillow at Ron who only laughed harder.

"Fred and George gave them to me when I started dating Lavender. But I don't think that's happening anytime soon with her. After our conversation yesterday it seems that you're having more luck in that department so I figured you could use them. Anyway I'm starving for breakfast, well I guess lunch now, let's go."

Harry scowled as he got out of bed and pulled on a heavy black sweatshirt and jeans. Ron was already dressed and ready to go down to the Great Hall.

"Harry, could you maybe not tell Hermione?" Ron asked sheepishly as they left Gryffindor Common Room, stepping out of the portrait hole.

"Which part?"

"That Fred and George gave them to me for Lavender."

"I have no interest in discussing either of our sex lives with 'Mione anytime soon. Don't worry," he assured Ron.

-x-

When they arrived to the Great Hall Harry immediately spotted Draco. An involuntary grin spread across his face and beside him Ron snorted. "Go ahead." His best mate shoved something into the front pocket of Harrys hoodie. "I'll eat breakfast with Ginny and Luna."

The ginger haired boy was walking away before Harry could argue. He pulled out what Ron had shoved into his pocket, it was a condom. He blushed profusely and stuffed it back in. For a heartbeat longer he stood awkwardly by himself at the entrance of the Great Hall, unsure of himself and of what he should do next. He glanced between Ron's retreating figure and Draco, who was seated at the Slytherin table. He bit his lower lip and moved toward the blond who remained with his nose in the book he was reading even when Harry sat down across from him.

"Good morning."

"It's noon."

"Good afternoon."

Draco glanced up at him. "You just woke up didn't you?"

"Don't give me that judgemental look! It's the Holidays," Harry exclaimed defensively.

Draco just rolled his eyes and looked back down at his book. "Why are you sitting here?"

Harry ignored the question and asked his own. "What are you reading?" He reached for the platters of food laid out before him.

Without missing a beat Draco, in a bored tone of voice, replied, "'How to successfully live life whilst being surrounded by dim witted fools.'"

Harry looked down to see that the book was actually about the greatest alchemists of time. Harry smirked, amused, and said "Sounds interesting. Lend it to me when you're done?" Harry filled a bowl with yogurt, granola, and fruit.

"I wasn't aware you could read."

He stirred his food together. "That's right. How could I forget? Be a dear and give it to Hermione when you're done. She'll read it to me."

That managed to crack Draco's bored facade because the tips of his lips curved upward and his eyes glittered with amusement. Harry took this as a good sign. He shoved his sleeves up to his elbows and leaned forward. "So did you get enough work done last night?" Harry spooned yogurt into his mouth.