ChapterFive

Harry's POV
FirstYear-DayFour

Thinking back on it now Harry wasn't sure what had happened when Draco Malfoy had gotten hit by the bludger. It was all just a blur of snow, a pale face, red, and panicked voices.

He felt a steady hand on his shoulder once he and the Proffesors who had come to help him cleared the Hogwarts doors. The person attached to the hand guided him in a different direction than the Hospital Wing where Malfoy was going. A door snicked shut and a familiar voice greeted him.

"I suppose you're under a bit of shock" professor McGonagall pursed her lips and gave him a worried once over. She seemed satisfied that no bones in his body were broken and he was in no way injured. "Well explain yourself Mr. Potter!"

"I, well, it's- I don't really-" Harry didn't know where to start.

"You and Malfoy decided it would be a brilliant idea to exploit the schools Quidditch equipment and may I add unsupervised?" Harry's transfiguration Professor looked so grave he didn't dare lie.
"Er-yes, well I did, the whole thing was my idea" Harry stuttered.

"Mr. Malfoy was knocked from behind by a bludger?" Professor McGonagall inquired.

"Yes Professor."

"Mr. Potter do you understand the seriousness of this situation?" His professor demanded.

"I do Professor."

"Honestly Potter I expected more from you!"

"I'm sorry Professor."

"Yes, well, it's not me you should be apologizing to. I'm not the one who got knocked off a broom because of your idiotic choices."

"It won't happen again Professor."

Professor McGonagall scoffed "I know it won't."

Harry didn't respond, what was one to say to a comment like that? For a moment he stood awkwardly in what was, he assumed, McGonagall's office. The woman sighed heavily and took a seat behind her desk not taking her eyes off him as if he was hiding another bludger up his shirt.

"Professor what happened after Malfoy got hit by the bludger?"

"Mr. Filch was on duty when he saw red sparks go up in the Quidditch Pitch from a window. He alerted Dumbledore who immediately went down to the grounds. He found you and Mr. Malfoy, who is in great pain. We are not sure of his condition yet, although, I'm sure Madam Pomfrey is working on him now. I suspect he will be well enough to attend the Christmas feast tomorrow night but I can't be positive. Mr. Potter your punishment for using the schools Quidditch equipment consists of detention on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday evening with me for the rest of the year." She closed her eyes tightly before opening them again.

Harry gaped at her "Professor you can't- you can't be serious?!"

"Oh, I am" she replied sternly. "Potter you must understand I have to ask, were you purposefully trying to hurt Mr. Malfoy?"

Harry was alarmed "No Professor!" He exclaimed.
She studied him closely "Alright, again, you understand that due to your history I had to ask" she leaned forward. "You may go now."
Harry jumped in. "Professor I'd like to stay with Malfoy, in The Hospital Wing I mean."
Professor McGonagall seemed shocked "Well you'll have to ask Madam Pomfrey, it's not my choice."
Harry nodded and Professor McGonagallstood, closing the door behind the both of them as she joined him on his way to the infirmary.

-x-

Harry stepped into the Hospital Wing Professor McGonagallclose behind him.

"Minerva-" Madam Pomfrey looked up from where she was tending to Malfoy. "What can I do for you?"

"Er- I was wondering if you'd be fine if I stayed to- ah- morally support Malfoy" Harry told her taking a moment to really take in his own words. Since when did he care for Malfoy's welfare?

"Very well" Madam Pomfrey nodded. "If you could wait outside to give Professor McGonagalland I a minute you may stay with him afterwards."

Harry nodded in thanks and left the two woman.

-x-

When Harry re-entered the Hospital he sat on the bed beside Malfoy's. He looked at the Slytherins face, it was pale (paler then usual Harry assumed for a couple reasons 1. He must have lost a lot of blood 2. The white of the hospital sheets that were now pulled up around him.)
His silver blonde hair was no longer slicked back but was instead hanging around his face in soft locks that curled ever so slightly at the tips. Harry watched Draco Malfoy's chest steadily rise and fall as he breathed, in a deep magic induced sleep.
A short while later Madam Pomfrey left.

-x-

The room slowly darkened as the sun outside set. Yet Harry remained where he was. He slide down into a more comfortable position, eventually his eyes fell shut. He was conscious behind his eyelids long enough to feel Madam Pomfrey drape a blanket over him before retiring to her quarters, he heard the door close. That was it.

-x-

Soooo I think my denial of summer vacations end is just about over:( when does school start for you? Has it already started?
For me school starts on the 6th of September and I'm totally not ready yet!
Best Wishes to you all