ChapterTwelve

Harry's Pov

Harry's dreams of Quidditch and snow were chased away when a pillow struck his face. Waking with wild wide eyes he bolted upright "Wuh?"

He could hear the laughter of the Gryffindor boys he shared a dorm with but he could not see them due to his less than perfect vision. Fumbling for his glasses on the night stand Harry cursed under his breath. Someone threw another pillow that hit him squarely in the chest.

"Alright, I'm up" Harry groaned, shoving his glasses up his nose, the dorm came into focus. The room was circular and at the peak of a tower, therefore the ceiling sloped inward at the top. There were 5 four poster beds, including his own, cloaked by curtains and covered in heavy duvets. The boys who slept in those beds were roaring with laughter, well three of them were, Neville looked rather anxious.
"Come on guys, he's up" he chattered eyeing Harry for a reaction.

Ron, Seamus, and Dean had apparently not had enough and did not want to "Come on." Seamus jumped onto Harry's bed, the mattress shifting beneath him, and swung a pillow at his head. It sailed way to the left and way off target as Seamus was laughing so hard. Grinning, Harry scrambled out of bed and grasped for the pillow he had been using and flung it at Seamus. It didn't take much to send the small boy tumbling to the ground. They all, even poor Seamus, guffawed loudly.

Sheepishly Seamus got to his feet blushing, he glanced at Dean who was laughing the hardest of them all and Harry watched his face pinken even further. Clearly humiliated the small boy muttered "Alright, alright, who wants breakfast?"

The room disintegrated into chaos as the five of them attempted to get ready, cries of:

"I can't find a single pair of matching socks!" and "I swear upon Trevor's life I placed my herbology textbook in my trunk!" swirled together.

Harry managed to snatch a glance of his reflexion in a mirror. Ink black hair stuck up at every angle possible, his glasses were sliding down his nose and crooked, robes hung awkwardly around his thin frame. Harry sighed, it would have to do.

"Hurry Ron!" he hollered looking up he saw Seamus with his shirt wrongly button, Dean missing his tie, Neville huffing and wiping the sheen of sweat off his brow, and Ron who didn't look much better with his fiery red hair just as bed ruffled as his own. They were an awkward bunch, Harry would never deny it, and he was fine with being a part of it.

As they all rushed out of Gryffindor Common Room, one after the other through the portrait hole, Dean asked "So what are you all doing for Christmas?"

Neville was the first to pipe up "My Grandmother's having me come home"

Harry glanced at Ron thinking of the Polyjuice potion they were brewing "The both of us are staying behind." Ron said quickly. "How about you?"

Dean grinned at Seamus who smiled back. "Seamus and I are spending Christmas together at his place."

Of course they were, Dean and Seamus were pretty tight. The five of them raced down staircases and corridors, passing windows that showed blustery weather outside. It didn't sting as much anymore that the majority of Harry's fellow students could go home for the Holiday's if they decided to and he couldn't, but this was one of those times that he felt a tinge of jealousy seep through. Then they arrived at the Great Hall and the smell of food wiped away all his thoughts save the one telling him to eat.

Draco's POV

He and the other second year Slytherin boys all woke and got ready the same time each day, always the same routine.

"Hey Blaise," taunted Theodore, "How did you manage to mark up your dresser so badly?" The other boy turned from the face of a mirror, where he had been combing his short dark brown hair, to see what Theodore was talking about. He frowned at the scuff mark "I most certainly am not responsible." Turning on the dorms remaining occupants he raised a perfect eyebrow "Which of you buffoons was it?"