ChapterFifty

{A/N: this is a veryyyyyy good chapter:)}

Draco's POV
FifthYear-DayEight

That morning, before he'd walked into the room Harry and Weasley shared, he'd re read the letter the raven haired boy had sent him.

Draco,

Christmas is a time for family and loved ones. It's a time for warmth and happiness.

It's not a time for people to treat you in a degrading or invalidating way. From what you've filed me that's what your Holiday break is looking like, which isn't right.

You shouldn't be treated that way by anyone. Not your family friends and for sure not by your parents, specifically your Father.

I'd like to extend an offer to you, your current arrangement sucks and I want to make it better. I'd like for you to spend the rest of Christmas with me. I am with the Weasleys so that does mean you'd have to be at least somewhat decent with Ron and his family. You can handle that right?

I'm attaching the address if you do decide you'd like to come.

Happy Christmas
~Harry

He re-read a few lines.

'Christmas is a time for family and loved ones.'

Draco felt like he had neither of those. Or at least he has a sorry excuse for both.

'It's a time for warmth and happiness.'

He'd smiled to himself, he felt those, maybe his Christmas wasn't a complete flop.

-x-

(After they leave the dining room)

"Look Draco, I know you don't get along with Ron but-" Harry was rambling and Draco had no idea what he was saying or why. He turned to look at Harry who was trailing a few feet behind him. "What are you talking about?"

Draco saw confusion enter Harry's expression. "Um, oh, never mind. What was it you wanted to talk about then?"

The blond slowly shook his head back and forth at the brunet. "I wanted to start by saying that I really am grateful to you, for letting me stay here." He started walking down the hall again, they were making their way up and down the corridors and stairwells of Grimmauld Place as they talked. Harry quickened his pace so his strides matched the other boys. Draco watched Harry carefully out of the side of his eye as they walked. The other boy had his hands shoved deep into his pockets, his head was bent down.

He thought maybe Harry wouldn't say anything in reply and had opened his mouth to speak again. But then the Gryffindor did speak and he quickly sealed his lips, he held back the words he'd been about to say, not wanting to interrupt. "Draco what was the last straw? I mean I know that it's probably personal so if you don't want to talk about it that's fine. I'd get it."

Draco was quiet for a couple seconds before he said, "it's alright. You deserve to know. You're letting me stay here after all. The least I can do is tell you why-"

Before he could continue Harry's hand shot out and landed on his chest, his arm was acting as a barrier, so as to prevent him from walking further. Draco froze in his tracks and looked from Harry's firm expression to his hand which was resting above his heart.

His heart which was picking up speed for every second that the other boys hand remained in place, fingers splayed, across it. Draco swallowed hard but his mouth was suddenly very dry. "Draco you don't owe me anything for this. If you don't want to tell me then that's okay."