Chapter Twelve - Back to My Roots

I managed to get to the top of the ship, killing off every alien in my sight. Quickly, I shot an alien and watched him slope of his flying bike and hopped on, making my way to Zinyak's ship.

"I'm relying on you guys to fight off the aliens, I'm on my way to the ship" I spoke into the microphone of my head set.

"Boss, are you sure you can do this?" Kinzie spoke with fear in her voice.

"Of course". It was a flat out lie but I didn't want to worry my crew.

My space suit was bullet proof from the laser bullets of alien guns, but I could still feel the hot pain in my back as I was pelted.

"Please can you guys shoot them already!?" I pleaded into a my mic.

"I'm on it Boss" pierce responded.

As Zinyak's ship came into view, I swayed back and forth to try and avoid bullets.

As I reached the entrance, I shot out most of the alien guards with the mini gun attached to my bike, then crashed into the side, throwing myself onto the ship. I shot out a few more guards and scrambled to a point were I could take cover and reload. I put my head back and panted, trying to gather the strength to carry on with my mission.

The ringing sound of bullets slicing through metal appeared, and I grabbed a grenade, clearing the floor of alien back up.

My hands were blistered and my legs felt like they were going to buckle, but I still fought on.

Reaching Zinyak's main area of the ship, and I was surprised to see only three guards. After quickly shooting them out, I stood in front of a big metal door. Reloading my pistol, I took a deep breath and reaching for a grenade to blow open the doors.

I felt a tap on my shoulder - when I turned around, a searing pain emerged in my stomach followed by another in my shoulder. I tripped back, leaning my back against the metal. I focused the alien, trying to kick him away from me but he smacked the side of my face with an SMG, knocking me out cold.

-

I awoke in a familiar place. I was in my first crib in Stilwater, the red light crib. I peeled myself off the dirty mattress, confused.

Am I dreaming?

"Boss!" I heard Kinzie's voice.

I looked frantically, and tried to reply, but I couldn't speak. I grasped my throat with my hand, wondering why no words coming out.

"Boss? Can you hear me?" I nodded, the shook my head, trying to reference my throat.

"The Boss didn't speak back then," I heard Johnny's voice say faintly. He was obviously standing behind her in the room.

"Zinyak's put you in another simulation, you're back at Stilwater for some reason" Kinzie explained.

Suddenly, there was a knock at my door.

I stayed standing at the back of the flat, not sure what to do.

"Answer it!" Kinzie said persistently.

I walked over slowly and opened the door.

"Hey,".

I froze. Literally.

The simulation seemed like it had frozen, and I was scared since I couldn't move or talk.

"I hope all you friends are watching," Zinyak's voice spoke up.

"What are you going to do with the boss?" I heard Pierce snap.

"Im not doing anything, I'm showing you a secret she's been hiding".

The simulation resumed, but this time, I wasn't controlling my actions.

"Is that....Dex?" I heard Johnny say.

I knew what was coming next. Zinyak had replayed the exact moment perfectly - down to the outfit I was wearing and the smudged makeup on my face.

Dex pulled me towards him, and even thought every fibre of my body tried to push him away, but it was impossible. I could only move my eyes.

Dex pulled me in and kissed me, and my arms snaking around his neck involuntarily.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Johnny shouted.

"I'm showing you what she was hiding. Oh, and she can't move".

Dex was pushing me up against the wall, and I knew it would eventually lead to sex because that's what happened all those years ago. I just prayed that I'd be able to get out of this simulation before everyone saw it, especially Johnny.

--

Sorry for taking so long to update! anyways I hope this chapter made sense haha, I know it's bit strange. So right now the boss is trapped in a simulation and is reliving a nightmare - find out more in the next chapter. Also! Happy birthday saints row!!

💜💜