Chapter Thirteen - Past

The simulation played on, sealing Dex's lips to mine. I was pinned against the wall, Dex's hands running through my shoulder length dyed blonde hair.

Everything felt so real to the point where my heart was pained with past feelings. His fingertips burned on my skin like hot candle wax, and his kisses sloppy but sweet, just like they were. I found myself lost in his arms, falling into the trap that Zinyak had set for me.

The simulation froze once again, this time freezing Dex and I lustfully clinging to each other for dear life.

"Why are you showing us this?" Johnny said, his voice coarse and quiet.

"To show you who your precious president really is. How can you trust someone who does more than just the dirty work with her fellow lieutenants?".

"That's the past. The Boss is different now" Kinzie said sternly.

"We don't care what she did, let her go" Matt chirped up.

Suddenly, everything went black.

I awoke dizzily to the sound of distant gunfire.

"How do we get her out?"
"I don't know, she's locked in there!".

My eyes tried to focus, and I felt as if I was drunk. My head pounded, yet my body was freezing cold and damp.

As my eyes focused, I saw two familiar brunettes.

"Shaundi, Asha?" I spoke quietly. I attempted to move my arms but I was pinned down by the metal bars that in a simulation.

"Hit the locks with your piece," I called to Shaundi. She smacked the metal and the lock pinged off. After doing this a few more times, I fell out of the pod, Shaundi grabbing me so I didn't hit the floor.

"We've got the Boss. What's the clearest route out?" Asha shouted over the gunfire into her headset.

"Shaundi, we need to get out the back of the ship, Kinzie will meet us".

Shaundi nodded at Asha, and hauled me up, slinging my arm around her shoulder.

The limp alien bodies scattered on the floor proved that Asha and Shaundi did a shit ton of murdering to get to me. Asha only had to shoot out a few aliens to get us to the back of the ship, where Kinzie had flown the ship and Keith helped to haul us back to safety. It reminded me of escaping Zinyak's ship the first time.

I scrambled to my feet, my eyes focusing on Matt's blue trimmed suit.

"Matt!" I shouted, running towards him unsteadily. He jumped and stepped back slightly as I grabbed him.

"Where's Gat?" I asked.

"He...he stormed off to hi-his bunk," Matt muttered.

I shoved him to the side and went off to find Johnny. I had to explain.

-

When I found him, he wasn't in his bunk like Matt had aside. Gat stood at the front of the ship with Kinzie. As she saw me walking in, she shut her laptop and walked out silently, not wanting to be involved in any conflict. I smiled at her, then walked up to Johnny. He was standing with his arms crossed, staring out the window into the stars.

"Johnny..." I said quietly.

He stayed in the same place, not moving a muscle.

I didn't want to ramble with an apology, but I couldn't help it.

"You have to believe me, that was a long time ago. He didn't mean shit to me,"

I stood in front of him. He didn't turn his head, he just stared blankly. I forgot how tall he was when I wasn't wearing heels.

"How long were you fucking Dex?".

"What?".

"You heard me. I said how long were you fucking Dex?" He repeated, this time raising his voice.

"I don't know," I muttered.

"Bullshit," he spat. "That's fucking bullshit Laura!".
-
Sorry this chapter is so short! I had more to add but I think this is a good filler chapter before the next one. I don't want to make this any longer than twenty chapters so the updates should be longer now (which is good news for the people that read this story 😝). If you have any ideas of how you want this story to progress please comment - I love hearing what you guys think. I have a rough plan for the rest of this story but as always, I want to please my readers more than anything else.

Thank you all for reading/voting. Please follow me and check out my other Saints Row fan fictions. I take SR requests (can be full stories, one-shots, nsfw one-shots, short stories), just message me with your request/idea. 💜