Chapter Three

I was the first to break eye contact. Instantly I pulled my hands from of Stephanie's and grabbed my bags to hurriedly leave. It was childish but I couldn't bring myself to care. You know why? For starters, he hadn't the right to call my name out of his good for nothing mouth. Furthermore, why is he even curious to know if it was me with a woman by his side? Though it was none of my business, I still found myself asking.

I needed to calm down before I did something ridiculous. Counting in my head from one to ten was not working. After years of not seeing him, I assumed when we met again after our long history I would be the relatively emotionless – or at least civil, but man, my restraint was thinning. I ached to kill him.

One, two, three...

I need another remedy for this bubbling rage.

My eyes well up with tears. I bit the inside of my cheeks to stop the tears from breaching. The infuriating well of emotions I was feeling became too much. I didn't want to have any kind of emotion towards him. None! He didn't deserve shit. Not even my anger. That part of my life was over.

Is it? That nagging voice whispered mockingly.

The twins were going to be here any minute and I needed to pull myself together. I thought about what would happen if he saw them. Would he question if they were his? Would he want to take them away from me? Wiping my eyes of the few tears that escaped, I gathered my thoughts and got myself together. This was the twenty-first century. I was not obligated to do anything with him, even when or if he found out about my babies. I turned to face him to ask him to move out of my path so I can leave here as quickly as possible. As I was about to open my mouth to speak, he spoke.

"It's really you –" he frowned as I cut him off.

"You lost the privilege to speak to me, Dean. Please excuse me," I was aware that I came off as being a total bitch but everything I held in for years came rushing back to me like a high tide. I tapped my foot against the ground as I waited for him to move out of my way, looking up to him as I did.

Being 5'9 wasn't short in my book but this man was built tall. He was 6'4 so I had to look up to face him. I felt a jolt ran through my body. He still looked the same, as though he was preserved in an ice block for this moment. Curly brown hair with is ocean blue eyes; if only he knew the powers those eyes still held over me. His eyes went wide as he stared at my face; to say he was shocked would be the understatement of the century. He was used to me being less aggressive. Newsflash! I was not the same girl you met all those years ago.

"I'm waiting for you to get out of my way," I growled, with more force in my voice than before. He continued to stare at me and block my path. Was he deaf? I waved my full hands in front of him.

Blinking rapidly, he moved out of my way. "Of course, sorry."

I stepped around him heading towards the exit with Stephanie hot on my heels. "Slow down will you!" she whispered. "People are staring at us like we're crazy,"

I didn't care for what anyone thought about me at the moment. I had one thing on my mind and that was collecting the twins and get out of here. "I will soon as I am out of this mall. I don't want him to see my kids," I was screaming internally. My nightmares were breaching reality. He knowing about the twins was not something I wanted to face head-on – just yet. That's an entire problem on its own. Edvard was going to show up any minute and I wanted to be far away from Dean when he did.

We exited the building using the same way we came in. I released a sigh of relief as we walked towards the parking lot. "They're supposed to be here by now!" I said glancing at my watch. As frustrated as I was, I would not take my anger out on my best friend. I was shouting more at myself than her.