Chapter Twenty (not edited)

I'm deleting this story. Read the whole chapter so you can see the ending.
********

I was seated in the center of Daniel and Deanna at a table for a family in a diner that Dean brought us to. He was on the opposite side of the table and was having a full blown conversation with Daniel who appears to be having a great time. Deanna on the other hand was colouring on a paper that a waiter brought to our table after we were seated.

On the way over to the diner, Dean asked me if we could tell the twin about him being their father even though the results are not out as yet. We also spoke about him having a sister which he had failed to mention yo me when he was in Guyana. He apologised about not telling me and had told me him and his sister were not on the best term back then because she married a guy who  to abused her and he called the guy out on it, she got mad and defended him. That had caused a rift in their relationship.

Now we're seated together at a table, like one big happy family when in reality we're not. I zoned out the trio and looked around my surroundings. The diner was quite lovely, the interior design resembled a fifty's movie: colourful and bright. The waitresses wore grey dresses with pink lining along with roller skates. The men wore the same colour scheme with skates. The wall that I was facing had a little quote in bold letters:

ENJOY THESE MOMENTS NOW, BECAUSE THEY DON'T LAST FOREVER.

Well damn! Was the universe trying to tell me something? My face was heated up with a blush. Embarrassed, I turned my attention back to the conversation between father and children. Maybe the words on the wall was right! I needed to enjoy simple moments like these; not everyday you get to check your ex out and him having an interesting conversation with his children. I ran my eyes over his broad shoulders, he been working out, they trailed along his biceps then to his chest, even though I couldn't see his chest and stomach I knew it was a washboard under his shirt.

Is it me or it's getting hot in here? I thought as fanned myself. Aging had done him well. He still has that killer smile, one dimple that indented his left cheek. The cringles by his eyes which reminded me of Daniel's.

I snapped out of checking out Dean because he had said something to me that I didn't hear. Face heating up again I asked him what he said.

"I said are you ready to order?" He  smiled at me.

Stumbling over my words I answered yes. He called over the waiter. Who skated his way over to our table and pulled out a pad and pen, ready to take our orders.

Dean had order for us seeing that I was indecisive. He was familiar with the diner so I asked him to do the honors

"So what were you guys talking about?" I asked because for most of thwir conversation I was not paying attention.

"WWE, mommy, he likes Randy Orton too!" Daniel said with a happy grin on his face. I noticed how comfortable he was around Dean, he laughed and made jokes. They looked so alike!

"Oh yeah? Randy Orton is great but he can't beat Shawn Michaels." I said smirking at Dean. I'm a die hard HBK fan and Dean knew that.

He laughed at me "We are not going down this road again, Beca." His eyes were that of the ocean, so blue. It was twinkling as he laughed, he looked....happy.

I smiled at him "You actually remembered. I'm surprised" I said feeling all flustered inside. A new feeling came over me, one I couldn't shake.

"How could I forget?" He said with a lazy smile. He was about to say something but the waiter returned with our food. Dean was still watching me, not bothered by the waiter's interruption of whatever was going on....this renewed chemistry.

"Here you go." Said the waiter, who I learned his name was Peter. He placed the plate in front of me and winked at me.

"That would be all, thank you." Dean said glaring at the waiter, who turned red. Well you know the saying: if looks could kill...

"That was uncalled for." I muttered. Trying to figure out what the heck we're eating. I looked over to the twins and saw they had the exact expression on their face as I did.
I called over back the embarrassed waiter to bring mw an extra plate so I could lessen the amount of food on their plate because it was a bit too much for them.

As I waited on the waiter to bring the extra plate I had asked Dean what was his specials because it's what he had ordered.

"Two fried grit cakes infused with cheese, roasted red peppers and Andouille sausage. Topped with shrimp, sausage, onions and peppers in a shrimp sauce. Garnished with chopped bacon and green onions." He said in one breath.

I cracked up because he just gave me a broke down of what the dish had entailed, instead of the name. "I asked for the name not the recipe, silly."

He reciprocated my laughter when he answered me. "Shrimps and Grits," he mouthed sorry to me as he laughed.

We looked silly right now and I dont care, I missed Dean.

"What y'all laughing at ma?" Deanna asked with an expression that says these 'people are crazy'.

"Your fath-" I stared to say but stopped myself. Now was not the time to mention that Dean was their father. I would tell them after lunch but not now.

"Your mommy and I were just being silly." Dean quickly added, saving me from my slip up.

"Well y'all laughing at some stale jokes." She said in a matter of factly way.

"I was not stale." I countered smiling.

"It was, now y'all need to stop laughing because I am hungry. So whatever this is," She said pointing at her food. "I'm going eat it. If I die I'm blaming, Dean." She said scrunching up her face.

I laughed at her jab at her father. She was so adorably cute. However; it was gonna have to stop, no child of mine would behave like this. I'm going let this one slide.

The waiter returned with the extra plate and we all dug in.

Meanwhile in the back of my mind I was freaking out because I'm developing feelings for Sebastian, while resurrecting my feelings for Dean.

I am doomed.
********

So you thought I was going to delete the book?

Shame on you if you did! Lol
This book is still going strong.

Now don't forget to vote comment and share.

Btw go read my message to you guys on my wall if you didn't read it already.
Bye for now swirlers!