Chapter 10 - The First Permanent Symptom

It has been four months.

Four months since Nathalie broke free. Strangely, nothing out of the ordinary happened to Hiccup.

He is still the kind, caring, cute and clumsy teen everyone knew and loved.

But.......

Something strange happened with his powers.

And it started on a good April morning, when Snotlout was called over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You called me, sir?", Snotlout asked.

" Yes, Snotlout. I want to talk to you", Stoick bellowed.

Mulch came in and said that there was a problem in the dragon academy since Hiccup can't teach them the time he became immortal.

He left and Snotlout sat on the couch.

Merida came in followed by Jack and Hiccup. Hiccup was holding a pitchel of beverage and mugs.

Merida sat down, giving a glare to Snotlout. Jack shrugged.

"Anyone thirst- WOAH", he asked but he tripped and faceplanted on the floor.

Snotlout laughed like there was no tommorow at Hiccup. " Woah, wrong person to laugh at, Snotface", Jack warned.

Then, Hiccup did something that sent chills down their spine, since everyone didn't know he can do it.

He glared at Snotlout. As he glared, his eye color turned from warm emerald green to cold ruby red.

Snotlout froze mid-laugh. If you reader saw it, you would be laughing hard because Merida and Jack laughed.

"Okay, Hic. Now turn him back to normal", Merida stated.

" Okay", Hiccup says and as if on cue, his eyes turned back to normal and Snotlout starts to move again.

Everyone was dead silent.

"What was that?", Jack asked.

" I-I DON'T KNOW. I JUST GLARED AT SNOTLOUT AND HE JUST FROZE!", Hiccup freaked. Merida hugged him and dragged him to the couch.

"Relax, Hic", Merida soothed. Hiccup sighed. Luckily, the beverage he was holding landed on Jack without any spill.

" Who wants ICE COLD BEVERAGE?", Jack asked with an unintended pun.

Everyone went laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On North's Workshop, North watched at the three (Snotlout excluded) with worry.

'This is bad', North thought. 'A symptom has appeared. I have to think of something fast and hopefully, nothing bad will happen'.

But, alas. Nathalie was five steps ahead.