2

The door opens.

There stands a 30 something lady with pure blonde hair in a loose top knot and a black cami top and loose exotic trousers. She looked exhausted "Hi, you must be Rosa, I am Sue, Sorry I must look terrible, little Maya has kept me busy all day." I nod, even though I already felt lost and confused. Suddenly, breaking the awkward chat, a girl's scream came from inside the house. "Speaking of the devil," she said. "Anyway come in" I was lead by her through a large open hallway, my dad following with my luggage. We entered a huge open plan, glistening white kitchen diner.

Sat in a highchair at the island counter was a toddler with mousy brown hair and chubby cheeks. She looked at me and giggled, I faintly smiled, I wasn't amazing with kids. As she turned away she grabbed her bowl of what looked like spaghetti and threw it across the room." Here we go again" Sue sighed.

As she was clearing the floor, whilst the little toddler ( who I assumed to be Maya) stared at me, my dad began to speak, "So, this will be your home I guess for the next few weeks, as you see you've met Maya and Sue and you'll meet the boys later, they're always in and out of the house." I nodded politely. "Anyway, I assume you will want to go shower and change, your room and ensuite are on the first floor and the last room to your right." My dad finishes. Few I could hibernate from everyone now, unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to do that all summer.

As I walked up the dark oak stairs I peered around the massive house, frames filled with happy pictures of their new family hung all around, large vases and expensive decor were placed in every place possible and there many rooms, each door made of the same dark oak and a brass circular handle. I always played attention to the little details. No photos of me though, none from my first 100-metre sprint win, my trip to Paris with me and dad posed with a baguette in front of the Eiffel Tower, not even a single baby picture. It was almost like I wasn't a part of him, eradicated from his life. 

As I turned the handle to the last door on the right, my jaw dropped. It was probably double the size of my room at home, painted cream with a double bed in the centre, which was covered in a beautiful turquoise floral print, a large white vintage vanity mirror and a small turquoise silk stool stood next to the door and a pillow filled window seat lay under the huge Victorian windows. Two doors on one side of the room stood. I turned the first door to see a large walk in wardrobe fitted with rails, chests and shoe holders. And lastly, the second door led to a shiny marble ensuite, with a bath, shower, sink, toilet and a wide mirror talking up one whole wall. Wow. Dad really had upgraded his life, maybe it was worth it to toss me and mum away.

My suitcase had already been delivered into the room so I just flopped down onto the bed, with one large sigh. So this was going to be my life for the rest of the summer. I took out my phone from my back pocket, I had promised to text my mum and Gabby, just to let them know I'm safe.

Gabby's my best friend, has been for 12 years, we do everything together, it's killing us being separated all summer. We met in kindergarten and ever since we have been inseparable. Oh and she's my neighbour, she's closer to me and my mum than her own family. They are always out, drinking, gambling. So Gabby always comes round for sleepovers and meals. But I couldn't really say no to my dad.

Hi. So basically I started writing this as a school project for English last year but we never needed it so I wad like "heck! Why not finish it!" So here I hope you like  it's different from my others