24

Tuesday went by quickly, which meant it was time to party. Everyone should start arriving at 4 which gives me and Lola (who slept around on Tuesday night) time to prepare. My dad was at work like usual and Sue and the kids decided to go to the beach today to get out of our way.

Lola goes to her car and grabs a long foldable table she had at the back. This is where our snacks and drink will go next to the pool. I then grab my dad's inflatable pump from the shed and blow up all the inflatables and shove them in the water.

It's only 2 but a knock comes from the back gate. I go to see who it is. Tyler.
"Hey Rosa, I thought maybe I could help?" He asks. I snort a laugh.  I was ignoring Tyler as much as I could, his texts and in person. I thought me and him had something but clearly, we didn't as he goes around snogging everybody. Just like Lucas said. Ugh, I don't want him on my mind either.

"We're good thanks Tyler, come back when the actual party starts" I snap back. He grabs my hand and pulls me aside. Lola is still watching his every move. "Look, I know you saw me and that girl the other day...well you know..making out. But it meant nothing I swear." He whispers into my ear. "Then why did you fucking do it Tyler!" At this point, I'm fuming. Lola sees and comes rushing over, demanding for Tyler to leave and not show up to the party.

Just as he's about to leave through the gate he turns around, "guess if I cant come I'll invite some guys who'll love to come." It was quite clear he was going to invite the bad bunch. Which included Lucas.

I knew at one point he'd find out he wasn't invited to a party I hosted but at least that would be after so I knew he wouldn't turn up and ruin it all. But now Tyler is threatening to invite  Lucas and his mates.

"DON'T YOU DARE TYLER!" I shout, but it's too late, he's out of the gate.

"He's probably just joking, and if he's not I'm sure we can handle them" Lola kindly suggests. I nod and get back to sorting out the garden.

Whilst Lola empties all the food into bowls I hang fairy lights from the back of the house and set up my phone into some speakers someone is letting us borrow. We then go upstairs and get changed into our bikinis. I then put a pair of short shorts over and we're ready to go!

Sure enough, just after 4, people start arriving. I have set up a killer playlist so people start to dance. A few guys even jump into the pool straight away.

By 5:30 everyone is here, and no sign of Tyler or the smokers, injectors? I'll just call them the druggies. So I can relax. I grab a bottle of beer and gulp it up. Then I dive into the pool and mess around with a few others. I notice Brooke is here. I wonder if she told Lucas where she was going. I get out of the pool and dry off using some towels I had prepared.

"Hey, Brooke!" I say, smiling at her. I still wasn't the greatest fan of her. But hey, she doesn't need to know that. "Hey Rosa, great party!" She says loudly over the music. "Thanks, glad you could make it." She smiles. She's wearing a baby pink swimming costume with a gaping hole at the back and a low neckline showing her perfect cleavage. "Hey Rosa, thanks for not inviting Lucas and that, they always ruin parties for me" she this time whispers. "It's okay, where did you tell him you were?" I ask. She grins "movie night with you and Lola." We carry in chatting for a bit and then I head off to mingle with some others.

At 7 o'clock whilst I was having my third beer the back gate swings open. There's Tyler and right behind him Lucas. No one had spotted them apart from me so I run over, stopping them from getting in.

"So it is true, Brooke did lie to me, you were having a fucking party without me!" He's stoned and drunk I can tell.  Tyler laughs "told you so bro"

"Get out both of you, Lucas I'll speak about this to you in the morning"