18

I wake up to a bright light streaming into the room. My eyes squint in pain, adjusting to my surroundings. My head is thudding badly and all my limbs ache. I finally open my eyes fully and stare up to the ceiling, I wasn't in my usual room. Where the hell was I? I try to recall last night's events and suddenly remember about Lucas taking me somewhere. My eyes quickly move to see if he's beside me in bed, but of course, he wouldn't be. However the curtains were wide open which is what awakened me.

I sit up from the bed,  the world still spinning. The room was plain but modern; where had Lucas taken me? I attempt to shout his name but all escapes is a croak and a cough.

Them I begin to hear the murmur of a TV coming from a nearby room. I get out of bed slowly. I look down to realise all I am wearing is my underwear and the t-shirt Lucas was wearing last night.

Nevertheless I wander out of the room and down a narrow hall towards the sound of a TV.  I end up into a shiny white kitchen diner and living room. The counters looked new and everything was perfect. 

I see a sofa in the corner and a head turns around to look at me

I see a sofa in the corner and a head turns around to look at me. Obviously it's Lucas. He turns his head back towards the TV which was playing the football scores from the week. "There are some meds on the counter and some water, I'm guessing you're not feeling the best." He says. "Thanks" I say in a cracked voice.

I swish down the tablets and join him on the sofa. "What is this place?" I ask. He thinks for a second. "Me and my friend bought it for if we ever need some place to stay and for once we move out which will be soon hopefully. I can't stand home anymore." He says truthfully. "Why?" I like to question things. "Because I'm either getting told off or having to play happy families. And that's just all of us pretending we are a perfect family. I think that's why they invited you here, to hope it would bring us all together." He replies. I nod. "Thanks for the t-shirt" I say standing up. "I'll go get changed." He nods, staring back at the TV. "Shampoo, toothbrush and stuff are in the ensuite if you want to freshen up."

Jesus he must be rich, the place is huge and so fancy. I do as he suggests and have a shower. Then I put my hair into chunky Dutch braids and put my dress from last night on. I walk out of the bedroom once more and head back to Lucas. All the supplies he has in the bathroom, including women's razors and tampons, does make me question how many girls he's brought back here, but I guess it could be for Brooke, or for his mate girl.

"You can't go out in those heels. Here have a pair of my sneakers." He goes to a cupboard and grabs a pair of black Nike shoes. I take them and carry my heels as well as my purse. "I'll give you a lift home now I guess, your dad thinks you slept at Lola's so go along with it."

The car journey was very short surprisingly and as I was getting out Lucas says "Rosa, don't tell them about that place, they wouldn't understand." I nod and shut the car door. And watch as he zooms out of here.