8

The first few minutes were awkward, I sat twiddling my thumbs in the passenger seat whilst Lucas whistled to some tune whilst driving down the roads.

I broke the silence with a question I had been willing to ask. "Why did you make me go along to the gym with you?" He turned to me for a second and laughed. Looking back to the road he replied. " Well I owe you from me being a shit-head the past two nights, you obviously like sports so why not?"  "But why..." I start to ask him another question but he cuts me off. "My turn to ask a question now," he says grinning.

"How long are you here for?" he asks me. I pause before answering "7 weeks, my last week you guys will be in school."  He nods. "My turn to ask now!" I said excitedly. He laughs at me "what is this, 21 questions?" He says smirking. "Maybe, now let me ask you one! Umm... how did you and Brooke get together?" He tensed awkwardly. "Why do you need to know," he says his smile instantly disappearing. My cheeks turned a rosy red in embarrassment. I put my head down in shame. I could see his eyes look down on me. "We've been dating since middle school, it just kinda happened. Everyone expected us to, so I asked her and we have been dating ever since" he surprisingly answered.

I lifted my head up, he gave me a brief side smile and pulled up to the curb outside a large building. I stepped out of his car grabbing my gym bag, which contained spare clothes, shampoo, makeup, water and some spray.

Once Lucas checked us in he headed straight for the treadmill, I did the same. After adjusting the speed and target I began to run, the runway moving fast below my feet. Lucas was next to me listening to some kind of music through his earphones.  Minutes went past of us running and running, running was my strong point in sport hence why that's the exercise I choose to do the most. Eventually, Lucas gets of his treadmill and pats my back to stop.

I turn off the machine and step off, we take a seat at a table and rest with our water. "So why do you like sports so much?" He asks me. "I was never good at the academic side of the school, so I tried at other things, I joined a few clubs and found I had a talent. I'm training to go to a sports college after school." He nods like he's impressed. "How about you, I saw a lot of basketball posters in your room, do you play?"

He sighs, why did I always seem to ask the wrong bloody questions? "My dad used to play, I used to do everything he did and liked, he raised me into liking basketball, I joined a team and even decorated my room to theme it. Now he's gone I feel too bad to get rid of it, but I quit the basketball team years ago, I'm more a track athlete." I wanted to ask him about his dad but I didn't want to cause any trouble so I made my way to the rowing boat and he went to the weights.