21

"I do like someone else".

"You"

My body begins to shiver after he says those words. Lucas, my stepbrother likes me. That's not right, that's not meant to happen. My brain goes into denial. This couldn't be right. It's just a prank to wind me up.

"Whatever Lucas," I say then fake laugh acting cool so it didn't look like I fell for his joke for a slight second.

"I'm not joking Rosa." He says with a straight face.

Ha, I bet they are all in on this, Tyler, Lola, probably even Brooke. He stares into my eyes, I look down at my feet "Lucas you can stop this" I laugh.

"For fucks sake Rosa I'm not joking!" He shouts. I gradually look up, his cheeks have gone red like he's embarrassed. I shake my head, still not believing. He sees me. "Night gorgeous" He whispers.

My head darts up, how did he know about that message. "You believe me now? I sent that Rosa, me not Tyler, that piece of shit."

My jaw drops, that was Lucas. "How did you get my number?" I quiz, my lip quivering. He sighs resting his head in his hand. "Mike told me you and Tyler kissed when you dropped him off, he and his friend saw out of the window. My dumb ass got jealous. I got Mike to find out your number from Tyler's brother."

I was stunned, couldn't speak. It was all too sudden.

Maya begins crying from the other room, I use it as an excuse to leave the cramped room.  I left without a word, to nurse Maya.

I heard Lucas slam his bedroom door shut whilst I was changing Maya. I put her to bed and checked in on Mike, he was luckily sound asleep.

I got changed myself and had an early night. I needed to sleep it all off and hope it will all go overnight. I knew it wouldn't, but I needed some hope.

-----------------------------

"Knock Knock"

My eyes slowly open, my room was pitch black. I check the time. 2 AM. I rest my head to fall back asleep

"Knock knock" I hear on my wall. It was the wall connecting me and Lucas. I put on my bunny slippers and open my door onto the hall.

My hand slowly turns on his bedroom door.
"Hey" I hear a whisper coming from his bed.
"Hi" I whisper back into the darkness.
"Sorry for earlier, I just um needed to get it off my chest." He mutters.
"It's okay," I say, I sit on the side of his bed, my back to him.
"Rosa, if I could have you I would, I want you so bad. But I can't, do you know how hard that is for me?" He whispers.

I sigh. "Look, Lucas." He interrupts "Yes I know,  you don't have the same feelings" I laugh slightly. "No that's not it, but you have a girlfriend and we're step-siblings."

A long pause. "Wait, so you aren't saying you don't have feelings?" He asks. "Lucas, I think I've always secretly liked you even though you are the biggest dick I know. "