14

When I eventually got home from the beach, I took a cool shower and freshened up. I had burnt a bit on my nose and now have a tan line where my sunglasses were all day.

Before dinner, I decide to knock on Lucas's door. I knew he was home because of his car parked outside. "Who is it?" He calls, his voice deep and kind of sexy, but you didn't hear that from me. "Rosa," I say. I hear shuffling behind the door and he shortly answers it. He's wearing just sweatpants, no top. "Hey, can we talk?" I ask. He nods and lets me in. He lays down on one side of his bed. I just perch on the end.

"Hey, so Brooke told me what you said about us at the diner, well rather you and the girl you're training, why did you lie?"I ask. He sighs. "Because she is a control freak and I don't want her getting the wrong idea." He says, gazing at the ceiling. "But surely it's better knowing you're with a relative than a random girl." I debate. He turns to look at me, "It's done now, she'll get over it when I buy her something pretty" He says. Unbelievable, I think. He's such a jerk thinking that just buying girls nice things changes everything.

"Well I need to get ready for a party Lola invited me to," I say getting to my feet. "You're going?" He asks. "Yep," I say and I then leave.

I choose a plain black dress and curl my hair. I then do a decent smoky eye look and a dark lip shade. I  hear Lola beep from outside and slip my black pumps on and grab my bag. I say goodbye to my dad, who was slightly doubtful about our plans. I swore to him I wouldn't drink. I don't even like drinking anyway.

I hop in her car and we drive to a guy called Anthony's house. Brooke had already left with Lucas and Tyler was meant to be meeting us there. We pull up along the pavement and step out. Lola leads me along to the house. By the looks of things, the party was in full swing. People were throwing up in the front garden and we're dancing to the beat of the music. Lola pushes our way through the front door. Every room was packed with people swaying their bodies together to the loud music, holding their stereotypical red plastic cups. 

Brooke finds us and hands us a vodka coke each. I accept it despite my plan to not touch an inch. Lola on the other hand downs hers. "Woo, time to party!" She screams. "I'm going to find Anthony, coming Brooke?" She says. Brooke nods. "Rosa get us a top-up" She adds passing me both their cups.

More and more people had entered the house, making it so claustrophobic. I was getting rammed to the wall, practically trodden on and at one point got spun around by some drunk guy. At least I had the distraction of finding the kitchen to top up their drinks. The only problem is there are so many people it's hard to work out where anything is.

I find the living room, where there is a game of vodka shot pong. I walk into another room which I probably shouldn't have as there was a couple making out on the bed. I carry on moving around the house trying to work out where the kitchen was. Finally, I pull open a door in the hope it was the kitchen.

As soon as it opens a cloud of smoke suffocates me. Weed. I sigh and turn around but then I catch a glimpse of who was in that room. Lucas. He was sitting around a dining room table with a bunch of guys around him, all of them smoking joints but then I look closer and see him injecting some other drug into his arm vein. They all look up to see who has walked in on them, including Lucas. He quickly puts his head down as soon as he reaches my eyes. "Who the fuck is this? Do they not know the rules?!" Some big guy says. "Out!" He adds. I leave the pot room. Just standing in that room can make you hi. I was stunned, I knew Lucas drunk but not this. How much of an idiot is he.

I do eventually make it to the kitchen and make Lola and Brooke their drink, I grab a cup of water for me and splash some on my face than drink the rest. I then bustle my way through the crowds to find the girls again.