10

We take a seat in one of those retro diner booths. I pick up the menu and pretend to search it just so we don't have to talk. Eventually, a bubbly blonde waiter, showing quite a lot of cleavage, approaches us to take our order. "Hey Lucas" she giggles. I can tell by the awe in her voice that she as well as probably most girls worship him. He seems uncomfortable about that so mumbles "Oh hey Elly, I didn't know you were working here this summer." She blushes at his response and asks for our order. Lucas ends up ordering a five stack of pancakes with berry sauce and Nutella. I was daydreaming though, thinking about the gym incident. "What about you Rosa?" He asks, snapping me out of my daydream. "I'll just have a water please," I say sweetly to the waiter, although she didn't look overly keen about me. Lucas looks at me confused, "She'll have the same as me too thanks Elly" She writes it down and walks off her short skater skirt, which almost show her pants, sways as she struts off.

"Why did you do that? I was fine with water" I ask annoyed that he controlled me. "After that workout, you need to eat, and it's on me anyway." I roll my eyes. After a few good seconds of awkwardness, Lucas begins the small talk. 

"Let's play our little question game, I'll ask first, what is your favourite thing to do besides sport?" I have to think for a while, sport was my life. "I guess I like watching a lot of TV and movies" He nods despite my boring answer. "How about you?" He ponders for a second, "I actually don't do much, I like a good party as you can tell but I mostly just have to do whatever Brooke does" He acts like he doesn't care but I can tell he is annoyed at this. "What would you like to do then?" I say smiling. He smiles back and answers, "I'd love to have more days like this, I'd love to try camping or explore the other states, or even LA as I've always stayed in the same kind of area." I nod staring into his perfect crystal eyes. "Perhaps we could explore together? I could show you my favourite places and we could find some new places too, only if you want to though." He says rather shyly. "I'd love that" I laugh.

At that moment our breakfast arrived, this time by a greasy overweight man.