30

Brookes jaw dropped. Wtf had Lola just said. Lola stares at Brooke waiting for an answer but Brooke is frozen in pure shock that her best friend would say that. I'm still sitting on the bed crosslegged but I'm biting at my lip. "I don't know what you mean" Brooke finally answers, she's on edge, blinking constantly trying to stay confident. But she's crumbling inside.

"Common Brooke, how blind are you! There's quite clearly another girl' Lola practically screams. It looks like Brooke is holding back a tear. "Lucas and I are happy together, you're just jealous." She manages to say. I still sit silently praying they don't connect any dots leading to me. "Brooke, just hear me out. He's going to hurt you, that's what Lucas does. End it before he gets the chance to break your heart." Lola insists. Brooke huffs and takes a deep breath. "We love each other Lola okay! In fact, he gave me this." She says, she gets up and walks across to her vanity.

She goes through her draw and picks something up then joins us back on her bed. She reveals the palm of her hand. There stands a ring. A silver ring. It's matte silver with a little Ruby gem attached and the word "love" is embossed into it. "A promise ring?" Lola asks. "To promise he'll stay with me forever" Brooke replies.

We eventually change the subject but the air is thick with tension. I needed to get Lucas out of my life, he was bad news. Clearly, he played me just like Tyler once did. Hypocrite.

Lola and I slept on the floor. Pretty pointless if you ask me. Brooke has an entire XL king to herself. Long after we had all said goodnight I notice Lola isn't asleep like me. "Lola" I whisper. She turns her head towards me. "Wassup?" She replies. "Why are you suspicious of Lucas?" I ask. She spins her whole body to me so that we can talk properly. "That day at the diner and then Dom told me he had some chick around their apartment but Brooke stayed at mine that night." She says quietly hoping that Brooke couldn't hear. I swallow. Shit. "Who do you think it could be?" I ask. She sighs. "I think I have an idea Rosa, I just need proof" I nod. She turns around and puts her head down so I do the same hoping for some sleep.

I wake up early, Lola is still sound asleep but Brooke is gone. My mouth is dry so I head towards the bathroom to get a glass of water. When I reach there I notice someone's in there. Then I hear it, crying. Little sobs coming from the bathroom. It sounded like Brooke, what was she crying about? Suddenly the door swings open.

"Rosa! What the hell are you doing listening in on me" she shouts. "I...I just" I begin. "Just shut up and don't tell anyone about that" She hisses. She makes her way back to her room, her pink velvet slippers slapping the oak floor.

I was happy when I could finally leave that hell hole. I get my dad to pick me up and he drives back just in time to call my mum before she goes to bed. She tells me there is still a chance I can get in as I got a B in PE but my chances are slim because of my low academic scores. I just have to pray my heart out between now and 5 days that I somehow get in.

Lucas is home for once, but I don't want to speak to him. Not after the whole make out then finding out he's promised another girl his love situation.

Or am I just being unreasonable? I mean it's not like me and him ever stand a chance. We are fricken step-siblings for god sake. Ugh, I'm just so done with LA. It just made everything worse.

I'm mid-way through this weeks episode of 'You'when I get a knock on my wall. Just what I need. I don't reply. I need him out of my mind. He knocks again. And again. He gives up because eventually, it goes silent.

"Rosa! Mom wants you" I hear Mike call. What did she want? I get out from under my duvet and head out onto the landing. Suddenly hands wrap around my waist and pull me backwards. "That got you out didn't it," Lucas whispers into my ear. Bringing me to his room. "Thanks, Mikey!" He shouts. He slams his bedroom door behind us and pushes me to the wall. Slamming his lips on mine.