16

So now I knew about his dad, but I still wonder how he died. During dinner, Sue asks me to take Mike to his friends as she was busy and no one else could. I happily agreed, planning to run back after. 

Once we have left Mike begins to talk to me. "Rosa?" "Yes, mike?" I sigh. "Don't get me wrong, I do like your dad, but I miss mine. Will he ever come back? I try to ask mom but she says she can't answer and begins to cry." I'm stunned. I guess Mike is too young to understand what happened to his dad. I have to respect sue's wishes and not tell him so instead, I say that I'm not sure. Poor kid.

Eventually, we arrive at his friend's house. I ring the bell and Tyler answers. "Oh, sorry wrong house I guess," I mumble not giving eye contact. Mike taps me "No it's not, that's Sam's brother Tyler." And with that he runs through the door, dodging Tyler and I hear him greet his friend. 

I turn to head back but of course, Tyler was still there. "Where do you think you're going, beach chick?" I spin round. "Home," I reply. "Cant you hang around longer?" Tyler says. I sigh, "Look Tyler I thought we were going to be just friends." He begins to walk towards me. "Friends don't do this" He whispers. He grabs my hand and pulls me to his chest. I close my eyes as his lips find mine. They stay on each other until eventually I give him entrance to my mouth and suddenly the kiss becomes more fast pace. I pull apart. "And friends certainly don't enjoy it" He adds. 

He reaches out to his pocket and hands me his phone. "May I have this beautiful girls number?" I accept his phone and begin to type my digits. I hand him back his phone and before he can talk to me again I jog off back home. I needed to think about what had just happened. Because it was amazing.

I decide to have a pamper night when I got in. I put on a mango clay face mask and some cucumber slices and jammed to my 'love beats anything' playlist, after I painted my nails a dark red and shaved. I hadn't done that since I got here in LA and that was 8 days ago. Once I felt fresh again I got changed into my PJs and settled down for the night.

Just as I was drifting asleep my phone buzzed against my bedside cabinet. I grabbed it, it's lightly blinding my eyes.

Night gorgeous

I roll my eyes. Tyler.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up, eat breakfast, go on my run. The usual. On my way back I go through the busy LA streets. I see a hairdresser and decided to go in. I'd always wanted to cut my hair shorter than usual. LA was a place for adventure. So there I was, asking for my waist-long hair to be cut up to my armpits. I also add in some layers for good measures, including curtain bangs, which I had overheard from Brooke and Lola, which were trendy right now. Despite being a bit reluctant at first I loved it. It was fresh. Just like I had been feeling recently.

I got back, the house was quieter than usual, dad was at work, Mike was still at his friends and God knows where Lucas was. I walked into the kitchen to see Sue and Maya eating lunch. "Omg Rosa! You look stunning" sue says after noticing my new look. "I mean you did before, but short hair somehow suits you! I'd love to have the courage and cut my ratty old hair short" she exclaims

I nod gratefully, grab a banana and head upstairs for a shower.

Lol had texted me earlier saying there was a party tonight.  Despite my hate for the last, I agree to go just to shut her up. Because of this, I stay in my dressing gown in my room for the rest of the day until I have to get ready to go out.

Just as I'm about to walk to Lola's to get a ride to the party, Lucas walks down the stairs.

"Fuck, what happened to your hair?" He says staring at me. "Umm, I got it cut," I say sarcastically. "No shit sherlock" He mutters. "Whatever Lucas I didn't need your opinion." I huff. "No, I like it," he says just as I slam the front door shut.