25

Tyler seems to stand down and walks back. But Lucas stays at the gate. His height compared to me has an advantage so he can see over me and is staring at the party, which was in full swing. "Lucas, please just go" I whisper so Tyler won't hear. He sighs, nods then in defeat walks away from the back garden gate.

I head back to the party to start my 4th drink. Lola catches my eye as she is refilling the cheese puff bowl.

"No more Rosa," she says placing the bottle from my hand to the table. "They came, I sorted it though," I say words tumbling out my drunk mouth. She nods. "I'm going to give everyone a one-hour warning. We'll defo need time to clean this shit up, I think someone even puked in the trash can!" We both laugh together, then go our separate ways to mingle once again.

At 8 everyone is gone and we manage to clear up in 30 minutes. I had got a text from Sue saying they had met with dad and they were staying over at her mum's place for the night.

Lola stayed over again, we both fell asleep pretty quickly.

-------

My eyes jet open. I see a peaceful Lola sleeping on the other side of my bed. I silently reach for my phone to check the time. 3 am. Ugh. I feel some sick rise in my throat but I quickly swallow it. I didn't need that happening. My brain felt fogged up and cloudy. Since it was just us in the house, I creep out of my room to go on a walk around the place. To help me fall back asleep.

There was a place I went to straight away. Subconsciously I think. His room. Yes, it's creepy I know, but his scent somehow soothed me. As he was just next door, I was already in his room. I reach my hand out to push the door open. But I stop it at a wooden L stuck on it. It was decorated with little basketballs. Cute.

I push the door slightly. It's pitch black inside. But then I notice him. Wrapped in his covers, fast asleep. He looked the calmest I had ever seen him. Without thinking I walk up to the bed and lay on the side he is not on. I hear his soft breathing and try to copy his rhythm.  I lay there for a minute. Then before I leave I stroke his hand. I go straight back to bed. Lola still sound asleep. I fall back to sleep too, in a heartbeat.