01. New York, New Girl

Jasmine's POV

Here I am. Standing in front of Lin-Manuel Miranda, backstage of the Broadway stage. Lin gave me a welcoming smile. "Hey you're Jasmine right?" He asks. "Oh, um, yes." I stutter.

"I'm Lin as you probably know," He jokes and flips his shoulder-length hair. "And I-" He was cut off by his phone ringing. "One sec." He holds up a finger and answers.

I look around the backstage. There's a couple of set pieces and a canon. I look over to see a girl with brown hair being fitted into a blue dress. She smiles and waves at me. I look to the other side of the room and see a guy in a big crown and weird dog fur cape thing. I assume he's playing King George.

"Okay, ugh, fine. Just give me a few minutes." I hear Lin say as he hangs up. "I'm sorry Jasmine, I've got to go make a couple phone calls, but I'll get someone to show you around." He says scanning the room for someone to help him.

"Hey! Anthony! Would you do me a favor and show the new girl around please." A guy in a 1700's costume walks up to us. "What?" He asks. "Will you show Jasmine around? I've got to do some work." Lin is already walking away as he says this.

"Okay," The stranger turns towards me. "You must be the new girl. I'm Anthony." He holds out his hand. I shake it. "Jasmine."

Anthony's POV

"This is Phillipa Soo and this is Renée Goldsberry, they're playing the Schuyler Sisters along with you." I say introducing them. They seem to automatically become friends and I practically have to drag Jasmine away from them.

Once I finish introducing her to everyone, I realize I don't know much about her. "Hey, so, it's almost 3. You wanna grab something to eat?" I ask awkwardly. I didn't want her to think I was flirting with her or anything, I just want to get to know her.

"Oh, yes please, I'm starving." She smiles. I lead her out of the building and down the streets. She looks around in awe at the sky scrapers and buildings. "Wow. I knew this city was huge but I didn't know it was this big." She says. "You've never been here?" I ask. "I lived in Boston for most of my life. I just moved here I'm living in this apartment for a while." She explains.

We reach the pizza place and take a seat. Surprisingly, the place was pretty empty. We talk for a while, stuffing our faces with pizza.

"So who are you playing?" She asks. "I play John Laurens and Philip. You play Peggy and Maria right?" I say, taking a bite of my food. "Yeah, I started crying when I found out I had 2 parts too. Is it hard?" "No not really. You just have to get ready really fast."

We talk for a while and I find out we have a lot in common. I think we'll be great friends. Or maybe more than that. Seriously Anthony you've known this girl for 3 hours, calm down.

------------------------------------------------------
A/N : Hey guys, so this is my new story and if we're bring honest here I ship Janthony SO MUCH so I decided to make a fanfic of them. Sorry if this chapter is short I promise the other ones will me much longer. Thanks xoxo