20. Baby

Anthony's POV

I called everyone we knew. I called Jasmine's parents too, but they were too far away to make it to the hospital on time.

As soon as we got there, we saw a lot of people from the cast. Pippa, Lin, Oak, Leslie, Daveed. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?!" Jasmine rolled her eyes, as if to say 'ya sure i'm fine i'm just having a baby nbd', but Pip didn't take offense to it. She knew what was going on.

The doctors were about to wheel her into a room, before Jaz stopped them. "Wait." She said, barely above a whisper. "I want Pip with me." It was quiet but Pippa heard her and she took her hand as they walked into a different room.

"Anthony, why are you not in there with her?" Lin asks. "I-I can't." Was all I could say. I was shaking, and was probably more nervous than Jasmine was. Actually probably not. He puts a hand on my shoulder. "I know this is a big moment in your life, but you need to be calm. Do it for Jasmine."

I take a deep breath and sit down on one of the couches. "Sorry Renée isn't here. She had something with her ex." Oak says, trying to take my mind off things. I still don't know how Renée's husband found out, but it hit him and her kids hard. They ended up getting a divorce that we helped her get through.

We sat there in silence, hearing murmured shouts from the room. At this point, I was shaking. I can't take care of a kid. Hell, I can barely take care of Jasmine. I cheated on her for God sakes. I stood up to leave, but Lin shoved me back down, as if he could read my mind. "You are not leaving. You can't leave. Jasmine needs you he-"

Lin stopped short of his speech when Isabella walked through the doorway. She opened her mouth to say something, but Daveed cut her off. "Leave." Isabella pushed past him. "How could you not tell me the baby was due today?!" She shouts. "How did you even know?" I ask. She shoves her phone into my hands and I do a double take at what I see.

"Hamilton stars Anthony Ramos and Jasmine Cephas Jones are having a baby! Inside reports say that the baby is a girl and is said to be due the 17th!"

I almost drop the phone. I stand there, frozen, unable to move. She takes the phone away and goes towards the couch we were sitting at. But before she can, Daveed grabs the hood of the sweater she was wearing.

"I said leave. You have no reason to be here. You're not a part of Anthony's life anymore." Isabelle snarls at him, but Daveed must have scared her because she just scoffs and walks away.

Just as she leaves, Renée bursts in. "I'm here! Where's Jasmine?!" She asks breathlessly, as if she ran here. I point a finger towards the door Jasmine was in. She rushes in and slams the door behind her.

• • •

We sit there for what seems to be hours. Probably because it was for hours. We were at the hospital for 7 hours. I was so nervous at this point I just wanted it to be over with.

We sat there for a little longer, before a doctor came out of the room. I immediately stood up and the doctor nodded his head, motioning us to go in.

I practically sprinted there and when I got there, the first person I saw was a baby girl. I rushed up to Jasmine to see she was crying. "W-What's wrong?" I asked, brushing a stray hair off her face. "I-I just love her. So much." She whispers looking down at our child. "So what's her name?" Renée asks. Jasmine and I look at each other.

"Madison." She says. "Maddie for short."

Jasmine looks up at me with tired eyes. "You hold her." She says, handing me Madison. As soon as I touched her I knew we couldn't give her up. I already loved her too much.

Everyone got a chance to hold her, all cooing and 'awww'ing. All I did was hug Jasmine and watch.

"I love you." I whisper in her ear.

"I love you too."