25. Say Yes To This (Finale)

Jasmine's POV

"Yes!"

I have been waiting for this moment all my life. Well, as long as I have known Anthony. I loved him so much it was hard to put into words.

Cheers erupt from the people in the restaurant as well as the staff. Anthony gets off the ground and slides the engagement ring onto my finger. He grabs my waits and pulls me into an enormous hug. He obviously didn't want to let me go, and I didn't want him to. We just held each other until our food came.

Once we sat down we started playing footsies under the table, while we giggled and laughed.

The server came out with a cake that said 'congratulations!!' on it.

We decided not to eat it at the restaurant, but ended up eating it on our walk afterwards. "I love you so much." Anthony says out of the blue. My face was stuffed with the cake so all he could hear was 'i wuff oo too' but he knew what I said. He cracks a smile at me and kisses me on the head.

"So when do you wanna have the wedding?" I asks once I swallow the cake. "Huh. Maybe sometime in July, about four months from now. I know I want our wedding outdoors, so we might want it to be warm." He nudges me with his elbow and I smile widely. "That would be awesome! And we could go to like a water park and it would be so much fun!"

And so we planned for that.

We made reservations for an outdoor wedding reception on July 15th. We made the invitations, inviting all of the Hamilton cast, as well as family and friends.

It would be a day to remember.

4 months later

Anthony's POV

I laughed slightly as I watched two-year old Maddie walk down the isle. She was our little flower girl and she was the cutest thing in the world. She took handfuls of the flower petals in her basket, and knelt down and set them on the ground instead of throwing them. It was so cute, the crowd was giggling and awing.

Once Maddie reached the end of the isle, Lin picked her up and sat her on his lap. We were lucky she wasn't crying right now. Maybe even she knows its a special day.

Pippa and Renee were her bridesmaids. They walked down in nice rosy pink dresses. Yes, I would say the were very pretty, but not as beautiful as Jasmine when she walked down that isle.

She was beautiful. No, beautiful wasn't the word to describe how stunning she was as she walked down that isle.

She wore a immaculate white dress that looked like no one had ever touched it. Her hair was down and curled with a white flower pinned it it. She was... I dunno the words but she was more than just gorgeous.

Once she joined underneath the wedding arch, I realized I was tearing up. She gave me a small laugh, one only I could hear, and gives me a reassuring smile.

"We are gathered together on this beautiful afternoon to share with Jasmine Cephas Jones and Anthony Ramos Martinez as they exchange vows of their everlasting love." The priest says.

He continues on with his speech until he asks us to exchange our vows. I decide to go first. "With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine"

I slide the ring on Jasmine's finger and look up at her. She's crying, but also smiling. "Well I don't think I can top that..." She says, glancing at me then the guests. "Well, they're not even my vows. Its from The Corpse Bride..." I confess, earning a laugh from everyone, including Jasmine.

"I promise to forever be there for you. Through the bad times and the good. I hold your hand when you are going through either Heaven and hell. Like you were for me all these years."

The priest then continues, and eventually we get to our 'I do's'

"Jasmine, do you take Anthony to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Anthony, do you take Jasmine to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"You may now kiss the bride."

I wrap Jasmine in a hug like I did when I asked her to marry me, but this time I kiss her. Although we've kissed many times, this one felt special. Like we could finally call ourselves a family. Not one where I accidentally got her pregnant and was stuck with her. I genuinely loved her.

Next was finally time for the cake. I carried her over to the table and set her down. She laughed as we sliced the cake. We were supposed to feed it to each other, but instead she shoved the entire slice in my face. I did the same to her, licking off the dessert that was on my face.

The wedding banquet seemed like it took only seconds. It went by too fast. I wanted to revisit every part of it. The guests, the cake, the dance, everything. But now its the end and to be honest I was kind of sad. I wanted it to go on forever. Now I was carrying Jaz bridal style to our car.

I looked down at the beautiful girl I was holding in my arms.

It's hard to believe that just a few years ago she was the New Girl...