05. Happy Birthday

Jasmine's POV

I stomp into Pippa's house. I was no longer upset or worried. I was angry. I wasn't mad at Anthony, but the fact that I let it happen.

"Jasmine, hey, how are you? I haven't seen you since yesterday." Philipa asks. "Well, I'd say I'm fine, but I'm not." I huff as I plop down on her couch.

Pippa's house if probably the nicest house I'd ever been to. It was so clean and neat, nothing like mine at the moment.

"I'm sorry... Want anything to drink?" She asks. "I'd ask for a glass of champagne, but, oh wait! I can't have any." I say dryly. I pause for a second, in dead silence. "Pip, I'm sorry I snapped at you. I guess I'm just angry this whole thing happened." I say.

She sits down next to me. "It's okay. I don't pretend to know what you're going through, but just know I'm here for you." I smile. "Thanks, Pippa, you always know what to do to make me happy."

Just then, Renée bursts through Pippa's door. "I heard you are pregnant?!" She exclaims, half excited, half asking. "You didn't know?" Pippa asks. I stay silent.

"Well, i kinda did. I didn't really believe it at first, but I guess I should be supportive, which I am! I'm so gonna help you take care of it, teach you everything you need to know, an- oh! What are you gonna name it?!" She asks. I was still processing everything she had just said since she said it so fast. She was more excited than I was.

"Um... I dunno. I never really thought about it." I say, looking down at my stomach. "Well, we can figure that out later." She says, noticing my uncomfortableness.

"I think I'm gonna go home..." I say. They nod and lead me out the door. "Oh, hey, today's Anthony's birthday. Want me to tell him you said Happy Birthday?" Pip asks before I leave.
"Oh, um, no. It's fine. I'll tell him later..." I say before leaving.

Anthony's POV

We had just finished a full dress rehearsal at 3:00 and I was pretty tired. But I wanted to stay awake for my party. Although I wasn't in much mood for partying. I was constantly worrying about Jasmine.

"Ay!" I hear Daveed say from behind me. "If it isn't the birthday boy! Why don't we go grab some drinks?" He asks. I give him a look. "Oh. Right. Never mind."

Why was I so worried anyways. It's not like I wanted to have a relationship with Jasmine anyways or have kids with her. Right?

I then change my mind. "Hey, why not? It is my birthday!" Daveed cheers and all the guys go to a bar down the street.

~ After The Party ~

I couldn't bring myself to drink. It made me feel too guilty. All I could think about was Jasmine.

All the guys had taken a taxi home, while I walked home. I had had fun, laughing and talking. But something was missing.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. It was Jasmine. I smile as I read the text.

J - Happy Birthday 🎉

I smile as i text her back 'thanks'. I then started thinking about random stuff like if I should get a cake for myself or not.

It was when I turned the corner leading to my apartment that the taxi rammed right into me.