11. Windows

Jasmine's POV

Anthony tries to stand up but just falls back down again. Isabella helps him up, which only makes me more furious.

I'm more than furious.

I thought we were past the hard part. I thought we'd write our own story together.  I thought we'd get our happily ever after once Anthony had gotten back to normal.

I guess I was wrong.

"How could you?!" I sob, taking a step back towards the door. "I thought you were the perfect guy! I thought we'd be together forever because you were kind and caring and sweet! But I guess I was wrong... you're nothing but a lying cheater!" I stomp to the door.

"I am erasing myself from the narrative..."

I see the hurt in Anthony's eyes. He always cries during this song and I can see he's about to now.

"You forfeit all rights to my heart. You forfeit the place in our bed. You'll sleep in your house instead with only the memories of when you were mine."

We are both crying because we know what happens next.

"I hope you burn." I say before slamming the door.

~~~

It's been 3 weeks. I've been staying with Pippa and she's made me feel so much better. I'm almost over him.

Almost.

Okay, not almost, but I don't cry every time
I hear his name, so that's a step forward.

It was midnight and I was on my Instagram about to delete all the pictures of me and Anthony when I heard a tapping on my window.

I get up to see what it was, assuming it was just a bird, but what I saw put me in shock.

It was Anthony standing on the sidewalk. When he sees me there, he seems shocked to even see me there.

Anthony's POV

I stand there for a second, shocked that she even opened her window, before remembering what I was here for.

I really want her. I want her to forgive me so we can have a happily ever after.

"L-Look at where we are..."

"Look at where we started..."

"I know I don't deserve you, Jasmine. But hear me out, that would be enough."

She looks like she's about to cry, but she's still smiling.

"I don't pretend to know that challenges we're facing, and I know there's no replacing what we lost, and you need time... But I'm not afraid. I know who I'm dating. Just let me stay here by your side... that would be enough."

As soon as I finish that last lyric she slams her window shut. I take a deep breath, knowing she won't come back out.

I'm about to leave when I see the front door unlock and Jasmine rush out. She jumps onto me, give me a huge hug.

"I forgive you..." She says and kisses me on the cheek.