07. I've Missed You

Jasmine's POV

We decided to cancel the show that weekend. We all hated to do it, but we couldn't do it without Philip/John Laurens and it felt wrong to do it without him.

I went to see Anthony everyday at the hospital. It felt wrong not to be there, like if I wasn't I was gonna miss something.

We did do a Ham4Ham though, and immediately afterwards I went back to his hospital room.

When I walk in he's still asleep. I sit down next to his bed. "Hey, I know you can hear me, so I guess I'll tell you everything that's happened." He doesn't do anything.

"The whole cast decided to cancel the show this weekend. If you don't wake up by next week then we will continue the show anyways, so you better wake up..." I smile sadly.

"We did a Ham4Ham too. It was called The Schuyler George's and it was hilarious..." He does what i expect, and does nothing but breath out of a tube.

I look around to make sure no one is listening. "I've missed you being around... its got me thinking. It's not the same without you. Like a part of me is missing... I know this sounds stupid and cheesy but it's true." I feel hot tears fall down my cheeks.

"It's got me thinking... about not being with out you..." I pause, embarrassed. "I- I think... I want to be with you..." I feel my cheeks turn red, even though he's not even awake.

He does what I don't expect. His eyes flutter open. I gasp and abruptly stand up. I try to go get the doctor, but he wouldn't get here on time so I don't bother.

"A-Anthony?" I say, my voice cracking from almost crying. "A-are you awake?" I see a smile at the corner of his lips. "Anthony!" I cry and I hug him. He grunts in pain but hugs me back.

"Jasmine..." I'm bawling at this point. But they're happy tears. "A-Are you okay?" I keep stuttering.

"Not... really." He jokes. I chuckle. "I- Let me to get the doctor." I get up to go get the doctor, but before I can, I feel him grab my wrist.

"I heard you... I heard what you... said." He paused so he could catch his breath. He was having trouble breathing.

"And... I love you too."

I laugh through tears. He's on a lot of medication. He probably won't remember this even happened when he falls back asleep. That's why I kiss him.

Then I walk out of the room to get the doctor.