18. Forgiveness

Jasmine's POV

We had rehearsals that day and I could barely hold in the tears when I saw Anthony. I was lucky to have Pippa and Renee there to hold me together.

They have basically helped me through this whole thing. Last time it was just a misunderstanding, but Anthony actually kissed another girl. And I was heartbroken. But after I shoved Anthony out the door they were the first people I called and gave me a shoulder to cry on and make me feel better.

But all those tears came back the moment he walked in. Pippa saw him first and immediately grabbed my shoulders and forced me to look away from him. She knew I would either bawl my eyes out or punch him in the face.

I could tell Lin was being really standoffish to Anthony. I could sense the tension. So when Lin asked to talk to him there was no doubt in my mind that it was about our breakup. It was dead silent when they left. We were all trying to eavesdrop. The only thing we could hear was muffled shouting.

Once Lin and Anthony come out Anthony walks up to me. Pippa was about to say something but I cut her off. All he does is get down one knee. And pulled out a box.

I hear gasps come from multiple people, including myself. All the tears came flooding back and once and they streamed down my face.

"Jasmine..." He takes my hand. "I hope you can forgive me for what I did. I know it was wrong and I am so sorry." I freeze. "And I know you're still very upset and I don't expect you to get back together with me but I can't go on knowing that I broke your heart."

"Whoa, s-slow down. Are you proposing?! Slow your roll here." I say, my voice shaking from the shock. "No. Its a promise ring. Its a promise to never hurt you again. That I will always love you and only you."

I can hear Pippa and Renee scoffing. They were just as mad at Anthony as I was and they just thought he would break my heart again. Plus what he was saying was super cheesy.

"I'm sorry. And I swear I will never look at another girl again. You are the only girl I want and if you give me another chance I swear on... on Lin's life that I will not let you down or cheat on you again." A horrified expression crosses Lin's face before turning back to a smile. I guess he approves of what's happening.

"Anthony, I'm sorry but you broke her heart and as one of her best friend I can't allow you to do this." Pippa pipes in. Anthony sighs while letting go of my hand and standing up. "I know. And like I said I am sorry. What else can I do?" He asks.

"Well for starters you could've not cheated on her." Renee snaps. This turns into a full on argument with the three of them. "Where did you even get the ring anyways?" Pippa asks. "I bought it a week after we started dating because I knew this was the girl I wanted to marry." They give him a chance to speak after saying that.

"Jasmine I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do to have your forgiveness?" I just stand there, looking at him with tear-filled eyes. "J-Jaz?" Anthony asks, taking a step closer to me. "What do you think?"

I take the box. "You have one last chance."