13. Mom

Anthony's POV

Jasmine's mom is in our apartment now talking to Jasmine. I'm really nervous. I knew I'd have to meet her parents eventually, but I didn't think it would be so soon. We started dating, like, a month ago.

I walk in to see Jasmine talking to who I assume is her mom. They were laughing and drinking coffee. That's when it hit me.

How will we tell her Jasmine is pregnant?

Jasmine looks at me and motions for me to sit down. I sit next to her and she grabs my hand. "Mom," She says with a smile plastered all over her face. I was flattered she was so happy to be with me. But I was happier to be with her than she was with me. She's one of the most gorgeous, kindest people I know.

"I have a boyfriend. I know I'm probably old enough to not have to announce this to you like this, but I really like him and I want you to too. This is Anthony Ramos, I work with him. He plays John Laurens and Philip Hamilton."

She grabs my hand and shakes it. "I'm Kim. Nice to meet you Anthony." She lets go and takes a step back. She looks at me, looking at me up and down. "Well... sign me up for the next Broadway musical!" She says. We laugh together, before it gets serious again.

"Mom there's something else I need to tell you..." She says quietly. Her mom was still giggling at the joke she made earlier. I knew what Jasmine was gonna say next, and I knew it was gonna be hard for her.

"Kim, please, this is something we've been dealing with for a while and we thought we should tell you." I say. Jasmine squeezes my hand, as if to say thanks.

"Mom... I'm pregnant."

Kim's smile fades. She looks at me, then back to her daughter, before standing up. "Wait, mom, please, hear me out." She pleads. This was so hard to watch, I felt sick.

"Will you keep it?" Kim asks slowly, as if she had to choose her words carefully. "We... haven't figured it out yet." She sighs.

Kim turns around, and shockingly, with a solf expression on her face. She cared for her daughter and would stick with her. She wraps her arms around Jasmine, giving her a big hug. Jasmine starts crying, but I know they're tears of happiness.

"You get a hug too Anthony. Come here you prime rib." (A/N Atoasttothegroom)Her mom says and motions for me to come get in the hug. I walk over and we all stand there.

Then I feel my phone buzz. It was from Oak.

O - Ant, you need to get down to the theatre. It an emergency.

(A/N - Hay y'all, sorry I haven't updated in, like, nine years. I've had such bad writers block and school and sports have taken up a lot of my time and in my free time I was just lazy lol. But here it is! Xoxo)