Chapter 21

I didn't run very far, and the thought made me laugh a little. I ran to about the record shop, 5 shops down, and stopped. I mainly just wanted to get away, but I knew I wasn't very fast. Not even the slightest.

Not even a minute later did I see Ashton walking out of the small cafe, now sucking on a red straw that lead to a cup full of iced coffee. He strode towards me casually, not even surprised to see me.

I sat on one of the old wooden, saltwater-eroded benches. He soon sat beside me, looking forward at the beach, and then back towards me.

"How did you find me so quickly?" I asked, fiddling with the chipped paint on my nails, throwing the flakes in the wind.

"I knew you wouldn't run far, all I had to do is look both ways, and then I saw you. You're predictable" he said, titling the straw of the iced coffee my way, which I gladly took a small sip of, needing some sort of buzz.

"Predictable?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. He nodded, his same wide smile spread across hi lips.

"Predictable," he repeated, "as in, I know you too well I know exactly how you think. I know your decisions and I knew you wouldn't run far. Predictable"

"You're predictable" I said, sticking out my tongue at him childishly he rolled his eyes, "care to explain, Ms. Predictable?"

I huffed at his new nickname. "Well... I know that if we go to a restaurant and you hear music, you'll automatically tap the best with your fingers. Predictable.

"And if you're nervous, you always pick at the skin near your nail. Predictable." I countered, crossing my arms.

"Well, when you have to pee, you bounce around and sing your pee song" Ashton said, and I slapped his arm hard. We both made an agreement not to speak of my pee song. It was a one time thing and it just . . . Slipped out.

"Can we just both agree that we're both predicable?" I asked, pouting slightly. He leaned closer, kissing my lips lightly.

"Fine." He said, pouting his lips back at me. "You're a poop" he said to me, and I stuck my tongue out at him. He held me by my waist, kissing me again before looking away, straight forward.

"What you did back there . . . " he whispered, knowing it was a touchy subject. I blushed, knowing it was wrong. But both of us also knew that it wasn't anything she didn't deserve.

"I know, I know. Don't go on lecturing me about it. She deserved it. Do you know how long it took me just to let it sink in that he broke up with me . . . I eventually got over him of course, but to see him date Amanda, out of all people, makes me want to shove her head in a toilet full of poo and duct tape her mouth open." I said, chuckling after.

"I'm not saying what you did is bad, but know Marcus got what he wanted. He got the reaction he was wanting. He wanted to see you mad, he wanted to win the breakup, basically. To prove that he's over you and to prove that you aren't over him." He said, pressing his lips into a thin line.

"But I am over him! I'm so over him. I mean, I have you and I couldn't be happier." I said, glancing over at him. He sighed, shaking his head as a small smile appeared.

"People that are over another person do not spray ketchup and mustard on their girlfriends' shirt!" He said, and I knew he was right. He was basically always right, and I hated to admit it.

I stayed silent as he looked at me for an answer, then smirked slightly as he gazed back at the sea. His arm was around my small shoulders, his hand hanging loosely over my chest.

"I don't want to see him ever again." I seethed. "I'm over him and I'm pretty tempted to go back there and shove a brick up his-"

"Language!" Ashton teased, playfully slapping my arm. "I know you're upset. I'm upset too. No one hurts my girl without paying for it."

"Oh yeah? What are you gonna do, big guy?" I chuckled, not expecting an answer from him. But yet he answered, despite his usual goody-goody attitude.

"You'll see."

Oh hello there I've been completely gone for awhile so I'm very sorry.

I'm so BEYOND FUCKIN HAPPY that so many of you have found this story. I'm a bit rusty when it comes to writing, I took a brake for awhile mainly to work on other books/the pressure was too much. After 10K reads, it gets difficult and very nerve wracking to write new chapters. It scares me that you guys won't like it.

Anywho.

I love you all so much, thank you all for your support. And those of you who won't have a valentine this year, I am officially your valentine. Case closed.

BYE ILY LEMON DROPS