Chapter 10

- Ashton's POV -

It's been a day since the wedding, and I haven't gotten out of bed since. My stomach growled constantly and my mind was on overload. If I wasn't mistaken, she leaned in too for the kiss. If I wasn't mistaken, she looked like she wanted it, but questions kept rolling in. What if it was just a spur-of-the-moment type of thing? What if she did it just because she felt bad? What if she was imagining it was someone else? Too many what ifs.

I couldn't move, I was literally shaking. From hunger or from utter shock is still unknown, probably both. It's become a routine: get up, go to Ellie's, go home, lock myself in my room. My parents hate it, and I occasionally hear Harry knocking on my door as well. This one girl is fucking changing my whole life, for the good or for the bad, I don't know.

Everything is just so confusing to me. Why did I lean in? Why did I have to look at her lips, why did I have to ask her to dance . . . Why do I have to like her? Why can't it be Amanda, or anyone else? Anyone else without a boyfriend? I just feel like smashing my head into the door to knock some sense into me, but a part of me tells me even after that I would still love her. Oh tragic, stupid, ugly, beautiful, stressful, awful love.

- Ellie's POV -

I was in maths, tapping the hell out of the paper on my desk as Mr. McCall rambled on about the quadratic formula, something I was 100% sure we would never ever use. Ever.

I was still super edgy from the wedding, my heart was racing constantly and my hands were more clammy than they've ever been. I can't stand it. My stomach was in constant knots and I felt like puking. I was seriously going to cheat on Marcus, my boyfriend, my love, and I like it! I'm crazy, literally crazy.

It wasn't until I felt the sharp edge of a folded up paper from beside me that I finally came out of my delusional state.

I looked to my right quickly, seeing Amanda sneakily holding the edge of a note between her index and middle finger. I took it swiftly when the teacher turned, opening up my notebook and pretending to be writing notes.

'Why so jumpy?' It read, and I looked at her briefly before scribbling a reply.

'Jumpy? Who's jumpy? I'm fine! :)' I passed the note back to her, watching her write an answer before handing it back to me.

'El, c'mon. You only chew your nails and tap your pencil when you're nervous. Don't fuck with me, I know you inside and out. Spill at lunch' I scanned through the carefully written words before nodding to her and crumbling up the piece of paper. Thank god Marcus was out sick . . .

As the class finally ended and the bell rang for lunch, I felt Amanda's eyes on me. I gave her a small shrug before stuffing my notebook in my bag and zipping it shut. I slung it over my shoulders and fixed my shirt while Amanda scrambled towards me.

"I'm not letting you get away missy" she wagged her finger at me before tugging my arm outside of the classroom.

As we were rushing to get to the lunchroom (mostly just her dragging my arm and me following behind her like a fool), she stopped in front of some boy. I knew him barely, but enough to recognize him. Sean O'Conner, a total hottie. One of the schools' jocks, a drool-worthy boy to say the least.

"Hey baby girl" he said, his voice low and raspy. He had dark black hair, a snakebite piercing, a small gage, pale skin, and a thick Irish accent. He walked up to her, giving her a small peck on the lips while I stood in complete shock. And when was she planning on telling me about this?!

"Hi" she said shyly, her cheeks flushing as their lips connected. His hand immediately rested in her back pocket, turning so that they walked together. He whispered something in her ear, making her giggle as his other hand draped around her waist. He kissed her cheek, watching as she literally melted away in his arms.

I cleared my throat rather loudly, crossing my arms and leaning my weight on one leg. She turned towards me and sent me smile.

"Ellie this is Sean, Sean this is Ellie" she said, biting her bottom lip. He held out the hand that wasn't on her butt (something I'd have to correct him one day about) and shook my hand. I pulled him closer by his arm, catching him by surprise by the look on his face.

"Look, I don't want to have any problems with you, alright pretty boy? Hands to yourself, and if you ever even think about breaking her heart, you'll be picking up your teeth from the floor faster than you can say 'try me'" I said, smirking when his eyes widened. I patted his cheek, turning around swiftly.

"Catch you at lunch!" I called to Amanda, not hearing a peep from Sean. The deed is done.

I walked to the table where Amanda and Sean were sitting, occupied by a few other people as well. Alphabet soup was on the menu today, fun.

I sat down, carefully setting the hot soup down as Amanda and pretty boy drooled over each other.

I took out my spoon from the plastic wrapping and sighed, looking down before I choked on my spit. I blinked hard, my heart racing as I coughed uncomfortably. It was gone now, but I swear on my life that the letters from my soup spelled Ashton.

"Ellie?" I heard Matthew speak up, another guy from my clique. But when I looked up at him, all I saw was Ashton. I rubbed my eyes furiously, my heart thumping loudly before I realized it wasn't Ashton. What. The. Fuck.

I jumped out of my seat and ran to the bathroom, ignoring the shouts from my friends as I locked myself in the bathroom.

I slid down the plaster wall, my heart still thumping. I curled up, my knees pressed to my chest as I tried to get the images of Ashton out of my head.

The problem was that I couldn't.

---------------------------------------------

Hi :3

Thank you all so fucking much for so many reads, never in a million years would I have ever thought so many of you would read.

The comments brighten up my day and definitely motivate me, thanks to the ones that comment, it means the world!

Next chapter will probably be on Wednesday or around there, so watch out ;)

As always, much love. And to my fellow floridians, stay dry :p xx