Chapter 22

I could feel the coolness of the night air seeping through my clothes, making my whole body shiver. With Ashton at my side, dressed in all black, we walked sneakily towards his house. 'His' referring to Marcus, a lonely, worthless guy. Unfortunately, he was rich. He got everything handed to him on a silver platter. Better yet, a diamond fucking platter. He had everything he could ask for, plus more. I somehow envied that, but at the same time, I didn't. I would hate to love a life so lonely that in order to fill the void that money can't fill, he becomes a player. An asshole. And assholes get what they deserve sooner or later.

Here comes the time where he gets served exactly what he's been deserving.

See, our plan was fairly simple: first, we would sneak in to his far too big house. With previous knowledge that he never keeps his window locked, it would be easy to break in if we climbed up the tree. Yes, it was illegal and very taboo, but like I said; assholes get what they deserve.

And so as we snuck through small bushes and hedges, I couldn't help but stare at Ashton. He was wearing all black, much like me, but holy fucking shit did he pull that off. His hair was hidden underneath a black beanie, small amounts of his curls peaking out. His jeans were skin tight, the bottom hem folded twice so it wouldn't bunch up at his ankles. A loose black sweatshirt hung around his torso, completely covering his arms, but still revealed his huge hands that I grew to love more ways than one. He was just attractive, far past cute or hot or even sexy. He was just attractive.

So as he finally got to the tall tree adorning his far too large garden, we climbed.

"I'm really the best boyfriend, aren't I?" Ashton whispered, his smile evident. I rolled my eyes playfully, though he probably couldn't see through the darkness of the night.

"Shut up. It was your idea!" I whispered back. "He's getting what he deserves. But, for the record, your the best boyfriend regardless." I said, a small smile forming.

"Stop being cute when I can't kiss you." He whisper-yelled at me as he reached the branch closest to Marcus' window. I giggled quietly, slapping his back.

"You'll kiss me later when we finally get this over with. Promise." I said, another smile growing on my lips.

I saw him smile at me once before he slowly and quietly brought the window up, getting it about halfway up before he shimmied his slender, tall body through the opening, pushing Marcus' curtains out of the way. I climbed in shortly after him, freezing when I accidentally hit my head on the window. The sound ring through the silent room, but sleeping Marcus heard none of it. He was a very heavy sleeper, which helped us go through this plan even smoother.

Ashton gave me a look and I gave him one back, telling him to back off without speaking. He held his hands up before helping me get in, the both of us standing in the middle of his huge room. It was far too silent, which I hated, but it would be over sooner or later.

And thus our genius (Ashton's words, not mine) plan took off. I took the small bottle of hot sauce out of my pocket, pouring all of it into the smoothie he kept in his mini fridge that he drank every morning. While I did this, Ashton was by Marcus, pouring a little bit of dye over his pale skin to turn his skin green. The only thing Marcus did was sniffle, and that was it. His heavy sleeping was heavier than I expected.

Once his face was covered in dye (of course not permanent, but it will stay very evident for the next week), we set up the grand finale.

Ashton grabbed the chair Marcus keeps at his desk and set it under the fan. I handed him the packet of sand, baby powder, baking soda, flour, and a bit of sugar all mixed together. Ashton took it and poured it on all of the panels of the fan, carefully turning the fan to get all of the panels. Once each panel was covered with the mixture, he got off of the chair and smirked.

I climbed out of the window and onto the tree branch, watching as Ashton turned on the fan and ran, only getting a small amount of the mixture on him. We watched for a few seconds as his whole room was being covered with the mixture that would take forever to clean before climbing down the tree and standing in front of his house.

Ashton turned to me, a smirk still evident. The light shone on his face, making it easier to see his dominate features.

"Does this make us criminals?" I joked, my hands on his strong chest. He grabbed my hands, holding then against his chest.

"No," he laughed, "it makes us the best revenge inducing couple in all of Sydney." He explained before grabbing my face and placing his soft lips against mine.

OH GOD I AM SO SORRY

OKAY I KNOW IM LATE AND YOU CAN ALL YELL AT ME

I JUST LOVE YOU GUYS AND THANK YOU FOR STILL READING THIS IF YOU DO. YOUR FEEDBACK HELPS ME AND MEANS THE WORLD, AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE SUPPORT.

WE'RE ALMOST AT 4K AND ITS ALL THANKS TO YOU!!

I LOVE YOU