The last wave

"-Happy birthday dear Sofia! Happy birthday to you!" Everyone applauded and Sofia blew out the candles. Sofia and her friends and family we celebrating her birthday on their family's floating palace. She had just turned 14, to some just another teen year. But to her it was the year she got to choose three men that would soon come down to one future husband.

She made friends with all of the princes and at first it was up to her parents and the princes parents who she would be engaged to. But after a lot of begging (from both Sofia and the princes), they finally agreed that she and the princes should be aloud to decide who they would marry. But she must pick three princes at 14, pick two at 16 and she would marry who ever she picks at age 19.

After everyone ate cake, they went down to the platform to open gifts. Her mermaid friends, Oona and Cora, swam up to her.

"Hey Sofia! Happy birthday!"

"Yeah happy birthday!"

"Thanks Oona and Cora. You guys are welcome to come up here. Remember that bracelet I gave y'all?"

"Oh yea!"

Sofia's royal sorcerer, Cedric, created magical bracelets for all mermaids and merman so they could walk on land when every they pleased. The same for all the villagers in Enchania. After pressing the button on the bracelet, they grew legs and climbed onto the ship.

After an hour of opening presents, they had all decided to go for a swim. Sofia on the other hand decided not to go swimming at that time.

Sofia had an amulet with magical powers. Years ago, her step father, King Roland II, married her mother and she gained two step siblings, James and his twin sister, Amber. The day after she got it she rescued a baby bird and in return she gained the power to speek and understand animals. More powers grew over time, along with one where if she gets in the ocean or pool, she will turn into a mermaid. Her family nor her friends know about this power, cause she's scared someone will try to use her for her powers or try to take it. Then she wouldn't be able to talk to her friends: Clover the rabbit, Robin and Mia the birds, Minimus the flying horse, and Whatnaught the squirrel.

When the sun started to set, Prince Desmond walked to where Sofia was looking out at the sea.

"Hey Desmond. Why aren't you inside?"

"No reason. Heh."

"Oh right. I forgot your afraid of tight spaces."

"No I'm not." He said blushing.

Sofia giggled. She knew that Desmond was scared of almost everything. And that he was the smartest kid in Royal Prep, the school for all royals.

After talking for a little bit, Desmond went on the other side to study the dolphins. Queen Miranda came out and said, "Sofia, why aren't you inside at your own party?"

"Oh, heh heh, I was just thinking."

The queen smirked. "Mm-hm. And do you happen to be thinking of which three boys you will be picking?"

"Maybe. I don't know who to pick right now. It may not be that big a deal yet but I know whoever I pick, I would have to decided between them for who I will marry."

Miranda walked over to her and put her hands on Sofia's shoulders. "Who every you choose, is your own decision. You are the one in charge of your life. You can pick a whole other person who you haven't pick yet when you are of age. But till then, you need to at least pick three men, ok?"

"Ok mom."

"We will pick at night fall. That gives you another hour to decide. I love you baby." She kissed Sofia in the head. "I'm gonna go back in. Wanna come?"