The kiss. Will it save her?

Sofia POV

After a long greeting with Hildi and Lucinda again, Hugo squeezed me and made me face him. 

"Why did you go?  We could have helped you. Why didn't you let us help?"

I looked around at everyone's faces, including Mateo's, even though i know he knows. I took a deep breath and said everything.

"You all remember when i said that I saw that i died right? When i looked into the ice wall? Well, that wasn't all i saw." I saw everyone's confused faces and felt like crying. I turned towards Mateo who nodded in understatement. "Um," i could already feel the tears coming out, "i'm gonna let Mateo explain." I walked to the stairs and sat down and put my face in between my legs and he started talking. 

"Well, we all know that all Hugo has to do is kiss Sofia right? Well, there was something very big that they left out on purpose to see if you all would fall for it. Who all thinks that he should kiss her now?" A crud load of hands flew up the second he said that. I tried blinking back the tear but they just kept coming. "Well, that may be the problem."

"What do you mean?" I saw everyone look at me.

"Um, the problem with kissing her now is that you can only kiss her at midnight ON her birthday, which is tomorrow, or something horrible will happen to her."

"What?" Again, it was Hugo.

"if you don't kiss her in time she will freeze up into a block of ice and Shiriki will do the honor of destroying her. If you kiss her before midnight her heart will freeze and she'll die instantly." 

Everyone was silent. No one talked and no one moved. I just left the ballroom in silence and made my way to my room before anyone could follow. Once in my room, I searched my closest for a nicer dress to wear. After about 20 dresses, I gave up, exhausted. Put on my night gown and laid down on my bed. About 5 minutes later, someone knocked on my door.

"Sofia? May I come in?" Hugo poked his head through my door and looked me.

I nodded and he entered. He has had hot chocolate in his hands and after he sat down, he handed it me. We sat in silence as I drank, but after a good 5 minutes, he spoke. "Everything gonna work out Sof. I promise nothing is gonna happen to you."

"We both know those two are gonna do everything they can to stop us from kissing at midnight. Who knows when but we have to keep our guard up."

"And we will. But we have three days left to make our plan. Your father and brother are with mine and the rest of the Kings are in the ballroom with all the guards to think of a plan to work all this out. In actually about to go join them but I wanted to come make sure you were alright."

I nodded and took another sip. "I'm just so scared of what they're gonna do to us."

"I know baby. So am I." He reached over and hugged me. After about a minute of embracing, we let go and he left. I put my cup on my bay window counter then got back into bed, drifting off to sleep.

I am so so so so so sorry that it's taking so long on this story!!!! I've been getting alot of writers block! But I'll try to update add often as possible! Love you all!!