All about that past

I changed a few things. nothing to big. enjoy again

As we rushed down the halls, Axel and King Garrick informed me of all I missed over the years.

"James is married to Lani and they already have a 1 year old, Vaughan to Maya, Desmond to Amber, and Clio to Khalid. The others I have no idea honestly, I haven't been paying attention."

"Your mother and father," King Garrick said, "are living with all of the retired royals at the new 'Royal senior home'. But they are all here for James and Hugo's coronation and then they will go back to the house."

"Wow. Wait, doesn't you family have to be engaged before they become king or queen?" I felt tears forming. I couldn't imagine someone else marrying Hugo.

"Yes but after you 'died', he wouldn't even look at a girl close to how he use to look at you." Axel smiled. "He really loves you."

I blushed. "I love him too. I knew since I picked my three men that it would be him one day."

"Wait," Axel stopped us, "who were you going to pick for the third choice? You only picked two."

I had to think a little bit. "Huh. I don't remember. I guess I forgot."

Just then, we heard a ringing tone. I jumped, startled. "What was that?!"

King Garrick pulled out a small box and pushed the small button. "A lot has changed since you've been gone princess. All the kingdoms sorcerers joined together to make a new way of communication. They call it 'The popup box.'"

Suddenly, a mans face appeared. "Father, where are you? King James needs your help. Sofia's amulet won't stop glowing."

Before I could process anything, Axel quickly said, "We're on our way," and pushed the button. Hugo disappeared as he said, "Wait, who is that girl?"

"Let's go. Baby Bro will be so happy to see you."

Hugo's POV

Who was that girl? I couldn't see her face very well.

Why did she look so familiar?

James and Lani walked up to me. I bowed to them and they returned it. "Hugo, is your father almost here? We need to figure out why the amulet won't stop glowing."

"Of course James. He should be here any minute. He's with my brother so they won't be to long."

"Did he go to her room again?"

I stayed silent. My brother has been going to Sofia's room to collect all of Sofia's old dresses and her animal friends to my castle. James knew how much I wanted something of her and he agreed to let me keep her old clothes, a few pictures, and her animal friends agreed to come with me as well.

James put his hand on my shoulder. "I actually have another surprise for you. Me and Lani agreed to let you keep the amulet in Albuquerque."

My head jointed up. "Wait what?! No!" I pushed his arm off me. "That amulet needs to stay here where it's meant to be! It belongs to the kingdom of Enchania."

"No," said Lani, "it belongs to the one who the previous owner loved."

"Yea why do you think it ended up with us in the first place? My birthmother was the last owner besides Sofia. After she died, my father gave the amulet to Sofia."

A guard ran up to us. "Your highnesses. The amulet! It's-Moving!"

"What?" We say in unison. We start running towards the jewel room.

(In the jewel room)

"Amber! What's the situation?"

"Hugo. We have no idea why it's doing this but almost every few minutes, the amulet starts wiggling. After a few moments it stops."

"Amber, where's mother and father?"

"They're in the great hall with the others."

"Others?" Lani looked confused.

"The other princes and princesses and their parents. They are all staying until we figure out why the glowing won't stop."

She walked away right after she finished. She and James are only close to me, Desmond and Lani and that's cause Lana is with James, Desmond with Amber and I was with Sofia. Well I hoped I may have been.

I heard footsteps and chattering coming from the hallway. I turned just in time to see my father and brother come in with a child with a black hoodie covering its head and face.

"Big Bro? Father? Who is under that cloak?"

"Uh.."

I looked at my father suspiciously. What is he hiding from me?