The Ball

Kin, it was good to see you again, the ball is tomorrow and you get me this wonderful dress. But I wonder what you said in that letter is true, I have to drink the blood of another vampire that has been turned into one by a spell. The only one I know is.. Haruka.. no I can't drink her blood, it wouldn't be right. 

"Sumiko! Are you alright?" Haruka says entering the room. 

"Yes, please read this letter, it has important information about us." I say as I hand it to her. 

I see Haruka starting to read the letter. 

I would never forgive myself if I hurt anybody else, I felt the pain of that from being a level E. I don't want anyone else hurt, so I should offer Haruka my blood so she can be saved. I see her focusing on the letter and she places it down looking at me. 

"So, that's the way to be saved. When it's the right time I want you to drink my blood." Haruka says to me. 

"I-I can't.. no way.." I say to her. 

"We'll see if that time comes Sumiko." *Haruka says and we get into our pyjamas. 

"Goodnight." We both says to each other and start sleeping.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I wake up quickly and sit up to look outside, it's now the night of the ball. I get up and change into the beautiful dress that Kin gave me. I spin around to see if it's fine, it's perfect. I see Haruka starting to wake up from her sleep. 

"It's time for the ball isn't it?" Haruka says sitting up and I nod. 

"I'll get changed into my dress, please wait for me." Haruka says and she gets changed into a blue dress. 

We start walking to where the ball is held, it's going to be so much fun being able to talk to the day class again. I haven't seen them in a long time, but if I bite them, they are just ultimately doomed, hopefully the Disciplinary committee will stop me in time. 

We arrive at the door of the building, there are lots of ribbon decorations everywhere. The both of us walk in to see many people dancing in tone with the music. I see Kotaro standing at a post with his eyes closed, I walk up to him and flick his head. 

"H-Hey?! What was that for!" Kotaro says to me and realises it's me. 

"I'm sorry." I say to him. 

"Sumiko, I'd like to dance with you, on the dance floor." Kotaro says offering his hand. 

"Sure." I say taking his hand and going onto the floor dancing with him. 

We continue to dance, when we finish we sit down and talk for a while. 

"I remember Junior High, it was just like this." I say to Kotaro. 

"Yeah, the dance moves mostly." Kotaro says. 

I then see Hanabusa running up to me. 

"Haruka's missing Sumiko." Hanabusa says to me. 

"Missing?" I ask him and I smell the scent of blood in the air. 

"That's.. Haruka's blood." I say as I start running following the scent. 

Haruka, are you hurt? Did something happen? I keep on asking myself the same thing, next thing I see Zero behind me, as well as Kin. 

"The smell of blood is in the air." Zero says. 

"There is a rare side affect that has a 10% chance of occuring, you will always act like a level E no matter what happens, even if you drink the blood of another vampire turned into one by the spell." Kin says holding his pistol out. 

I immediately open the door to see Haruka drinking someone's blood from the day class, this isn't happening. I see about three more day class students on the floor with bite marks in their necks. 

"This is so disgusting, vampires like this should be exterminated immediately." Zero says aiming his gun. 

"I.. want more.." Haruka says getting up and going near Kin. 

I push Kin out the way and Haruka bites me on my neck drinking my blood. We slide down and I try to push her away. 

"S-Stop Haruka.." I beg of her. Haruka releases from my neck and looks at me. 

"Sumiko.. I can't.. stop.." Haruka says reaching for the Bloody Rose in Zero's hand. 

"What are you doing Haruka?!" Zero says to her. 

"May I use your gun to end this horrible life?" Haruka asks and I'm immediately shocked. 

"Are you joking? There's got to be another way to save you!" I say to Haruka. 

"I'd rather die and hurt many people, I hate being selfish, I just want other people to live normal lives." Haruka says to me, I just tear up. 

"The answer isn't to end your own life, but to continue to protect others." I say to Haruka.

Haruka hugs me tightly from being confused. 

"Drink my blood Sumiko, you can then become a true member of the vampire realm and be more powerful." Haruka says to me. 

"I-I can't." I say to her. 

"Now is the time for you to, be a good little sister to me." Haruka says and I then bite into Haruka's neck drinking a bit of blood then releasing. 

Haruka smiles at me as she starts to sleep, I start to take her to her room immediately.