Pureblood's Heart

I look at Haruka and see her sleeping on her bed, I have to keep watch over her. Someday she will become level E, and it's my job to save her from suffering even more than she usually does. Mother and Father would have wanted us to stay together forever, but it's not going to happen now I guess. 

I look at the one day class student who has survived the tragic accident from being bitten by a pureblood. I believe I know this boy, his name is Kei Aihara. He was in the same class as me, but we never really talked often. 

"Can someone tell me what's going on?" Kei asks me. 

"You are the only one who has been survived by being bitten by a pureblood vampire, that vampire is Haruka Kawamura." I tell Kei. 

"I see then, that explains the pain in my throat all of a sudden." Kei says back. 

"There's not much time left for Haruka, she is being controlled by the bloodlust inside of her, and her mind is starting to think it is a level E." I say to Kei. 

"A level E?" Kei asks. 

"A level E is the final level a vampire can become, ex-human vampires eventually turn into a level E after a certain amount of time. You can not turn into a level E unless you drink the blood of your own master, so I got a blood sample for you." I say holding a test tube. 

"What's going to happen to Haruka?" Kei asks with a worried look in his eyes. 

"So she doesn't hurt anybody else, tomorrow night we are going to let her rest in peace." I say as I throw the test tube at Kei and he catches it immediately. 

"Drink up, you won't become a level E that way." I say to Kei as he does what I say. 

He drinks the blood quickly and sits down so he can calm down. 

"Thanks for that, I feel much better." Kei says. 

"No problem, I don't want any loonatic vampires running around." I say. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I've been staying up all night watching Haruka to see how she is going. She hasn't woke up a single bit, but I want to keep my eyes open to see if she isn't going to get away to hurt more people. It's around about 6:00am, I'm still tired but I'm gonna keep going until Haruka wakes up. Kei now has his own room in the Night Class, but he has got to settle in first to get used to his new self. 

My eyes are starting to close, please don't fall asleep for a long time. I then instantly doze off into a sleep, not knowing what could happen to Haruka at all. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I open my eyes from my sleep and see eyes over me, a man with dark blue hair looks at me from above. I sit up and start to look around, I see my arms and legs are strapped down as well. 

"It was easy to take you since you were sleeping, as well as your sister." That familiar voice says to me. 

"You're that hunter who killed Mai, Mitsuo Tamuro." I say to him. 

"Congratulations for remembering." Mitsuo says releasing the straps and I sit up. 

"What am I even here for?" I ask Mitsuo. 

"The vampire council and the hunters association have decided to make a deal." Mitsuo says to me. 

"A deal?" I ask. 

"If we kill you and your sister, your hearts will be transfered to the vampire council. In for exchange many new weapons will made for the association." Mitsuo says and my eyes are open like if I saw a ghost. 

"No.." I say backing away as I see Haruka getting up slowly. 

"Sumiko..?" Haruka says holding her head with blood red eyes. 

Mitsuo then aims his gun at Haruka sensing the hunger inside of her. 

"I might as well finish you off first and end your suffering." Mitsuo says. 

I start to use my pureblood powers to make the building shake, windows are smashing and items are flying around everywhere. 

"I won't let you hurt Haruka!" I say angrily. 

"What if I do this?" Mitsuo says shooting Haruka on the ankle as she cries out in pain. 

"Now you've done it!" I yell as numerous swords appear above me as they aim for Mitsuo striking at him. 

"Crap!" Mitsuo says being pierced by numerous swords being instantly killed. 

"Just because I am made into a pureblood by a spell, it doesn't mean that my powers are reduced at all." I say and walk to Haruka. 

"It hurts Sumiko, my leg is in pain so bad." Haruka says to me crying out in pain. 

I pull out the bullet from her leg, it's got to be a hunters gun for sure. I then see Kin running through the door running to me and Haruka. 

"What happened here?!" Kin asks then see's Mitsuo. 

"Is he dead?" Kin asks and I nod. 

"Sumiko.. I don't think I can take much longer.." Haruka says looking at me with a faint smile. 

"We'll get you back and you can rest Haruka, don't worry about it." I say to Haruka and she shakes her head. I see Kin pulling out his pistol and holding it down. 

"Are you sure you want to die at the Hunters Association?" Kin asks. 

"It doesn't matter, I don't want to fall to level E numerous times and hurt other people. I want others to live a happy normal life as a human." Haruka says to us as Kin holds up his pistol. 

"Haruka.." I say as I start crying. 

"I will miss you the most Sumiko, we have finally reunited after many long years. I remember when we played at the beach and playing numerous games together. My lovable sister, farewell." Haruka says closing her eyes ready for the shot. 

"I can't watch this." I say running out of the room and crying hard to myself, 

Haruka... Haruka.. I don't want to lose you at all, we were going to always be sisters forever. But as you said, all living things will die one day after all. I promise myself to never forget the sister that I always wanted to be with forever, goodbye Haruka. 

I then hear the gunshot as I cry even more, I then see Kin walking out of the room holding his pistol and something else in his hand. 

"This is the hairpin that you gave her, she wants you to have it back." Kin says to me and I take it from his hand continually crying. 

I then go into Kin's arms crying even more, I can't stop myself at all from crying. If Koki never came into my life, me and Haruka would still be here today being best friends. I can't even stop my emotions right now, it's too hard to stop at the moment. Kin then takes me back to my dorm, I start to be quiet so I don't disturb anybody in the dorm. I sit down in my room with tears still on my face, I then see some of my friend walking into the room. 

I look up to see in the room there are Zero, Kotaro, Yuki, Kin and Kaname with his followers. 

"It was going to happen one day.." I say looking down. 

I then see Zero handing me a glass filled with the blood tablet water. 

"Thanks Zero.." I say slowly drinking from it. 

"We'll let you rest and calm down, please take care." Kaname says and everyone walks out except for Kin. 

I then hear the window starting to crack slightly, I gotta calm down now. 

I then drift off into a sleep, hoping to have calmed down in the morning. 

*****D: Such a sad chapter, there are about 5 or so chapters to go if you're curious. I enjoy writing these stories, they're really fun******