Chapter 2

"Are you excited to see Wendy, Hazel?"

"Why would I be excited to see my dying grandmother?" I say coldly.  

She turned away with a frown.

It's true. My Nana. My Nana that told me great stories, loved me and was always there for me was dying. We were the closest family to her, but it still broke my heart that she was going to pass soon. To drown out my thoughts I quickly plug in my ear phones to my phone and I start to listen to BLACKPINK and Roddy Rich. 

The taxi stops in front of the big house and we quickly knock on the door. Berly,her butler opens the door and greets us with a small smile. We all smile back and my dad leads us into the house. It smelled like an open fire, summer, just good thoughts in general or memories. We silently walk up the stairs and we walk to the farthest door and open it.

There she was. She was old of course but it didn't mean that she wasn't beautiful. She looked peaceful and she showed elegance without even trying.

She opens her eyes.

"Nana!"

"Oh, Hazel is it really you?"

"Yes", I say showing a tear, "I'm right here." I give her a smile telling her everything is going to be okay.

"You're so beautiful Hazel you really are a glowing young woman."

I smile because when I was younger she would always ask me what type of lady I would be. I would always say a glowing one. Just  like the beautiful stars above us giving us light in the dark night.

Coughing and wheezing my father gets concerned, "Mom, don't you think we should take you to a hospital or-"

"No. Please, Blake I want to die here. With my family, in my house."

"What?" I say completely confused.

"Hazel, my time has come. Even if I were to live a little bit longer I would only suffer knowing that I would die sooner or later."

"Well it's better than now!" I raise my voice at her.

"Our whole family hasn't even said goodbye to you Nana."

"Hazel..."

I run out of the room crying just wanting to end everything. I don't understand why do bad things happen to bad people. She was the kindest grandmother ever; I mean I did have a grandmother on my mother's side but she passed away already and I wasn't too close to her. Was I being to dramatic? Maybe, but I just counldn't take it.

Still crying I run towards Nana's old room. I lock the doors like I've done before and I drift off to sleep just hoping that somehow things would get better once I would wake. Like all the bad things would just wash away with a heavy sleep.

~

Of course it didn't. The sun shines brightly through the wide window almost blinding my eyes.

I stand up but I soon sit down remembering what had happened  just yesterday. What was I going to do. There was just no way I was going to go back out there, well not without crying at least, and I'm done crying. So I sit there. I sit there until I hear a knock on the door. 

"Hazel, come out, you've been in there all day, and it's nearly six o'clock."

"I'm fine Mom." I say back.

"Well," she pauses, "if you get hungry come and get me, alright."

"Okay, Mom." I roll my eyes not hungry at all. 

What the hell was I going to do? I'm not staying here. No, no I'm not. I have my dying grandmother in the other room and I just couldn't take it. I'm just not strong enough. I never am. I have to leave. 

// okay after all these years I go on wattpad to change who she listens to lmfao. Sorry not sorry :///