Chapter 12

I roll my eyes and I push my way through the small crowd of boys. Which was a horrible idea. I instantly felt hands all over me. Screw them all. Except Rennie, of course. Where was he?

Walking out of the tree rays of sunlight hit my eyes. It was beautiful. Everything seemed to be glowing. The foliage around was everywhere, of course, and it was.. so alive. I mean plants are alive but these plants were different. There were so many colors from flowers to trees, so many types of plants that I have never seen before. Everything was beautiful. I just seem to appreciate nature a lot more than I did back home. Home. Did I miss it? I know I admitted to myself that I regretted coming here but I’m not going to leave. I couldn’t. It was too late for me. I mean it’s not that bad on this island. Except for Peter. Oh, the lost boys, and Peter. Yes, Peter twice. After taking one more glance at everywhere I sigh and start heading back.

The walk was a lot better than yesterday. Considering I didn’t have skinny jeans and black clothing, it was possibly the worst combination ever. Enjoying every bit of the walk I finally notice something. I was hungry. Last night I wasn’t that hungry so that’s why I could sleep with just a piece of bread in my digestive system. It’s just when I’m actually hungry, I will eat like there is no mother fucking tomorrow. Damn, I think. I would probably have to go back to the tree, but I was just to focused on finding Rennie.. Should I go back for food or Rennie..food..Rennie.. Uhggg, of course Rennie. Besides I’m almost there.

Finally reaching the camp I notice quite a few boys. No Rennie though, unless, I walk towards the fire pit noticing a familiar, little head. Rennie.

“Hey buddie!” I say putting my hand on his shoulder.

“Hazel.” He says in a small voice, giving me a small smile.

“What’s wrong, Rennie?” I say giving him a light chuckle, knowing the answer.

“Well,” he says slowly, “ I’m just a little-

“Tired.” I finish for him.

“Yeah,” he yawns, “ just a tiny bit.”

“Well, why don’t you go back to bed, silly.” I say lightly nudging him on his arm.

“We’re not allowed.” He says simply.

“It’s only six o’clock, you know.”

Six o’clock. There was no way it was six o’clock. I never wake up this early. It feels like I’ve slept a lot longer than three hours. What.

“Rennie, that’s not.” How do I even finish this sentence.

“You get used to it. We don’t usually stay up that long but we always have to wake up at six.”

“But why?” I say in shock, and confusion. I’m physically, and mentally unable to wake up this early.

“It’s because of you.”

“What? “ I say quickly. “This was not my fault!”

“No, I mean whenever a new lost boy arrives, or in this case a lost girl, we stay up longer having fun.” He tries to smile but yawns instead.

Fun. Yesterday was supposed to be fun. That, was, what, no, what.  Yesterday was literally the first day I’ve been in Neverland, and I regretted coming here. Fun. Wow. Okay.

I’m going to kill myself. I just realized. I’ve been here for one day, and I regret it. Instead of killing myself I just answer.

“Rennie, honey, where’s the food.” I say trying so hard to smile.

Laughing, “Back at the hallow.” He says now fully awake.

Woo, pissed and hungry. What else could go wrong.

We walk back in a hurry noticing all of the other lost boys back at camp were running for the tree too. I tell Rennie to hurry, because I’m not going to eat bread again. Now at the tree, I notice we beat a few lost boys. Rennie quickly says the password and we are in. Yes, we were late. Yes, I was embarrassed. No, I wasn’t surprised.  It wasn’t that bad, though. I had Rennie right beside me, and a few lost boys behind Rennie and me. We walk towards the table, but of course since there were no seats we take a seat on a bench, in the corner. I’m not getting food. I let my hands fall into my hands causing me to give a big sigh.

Breakfast was just as loud as dinner, but I wasn’t eating any of it. Trying to lighten up I poke Rennie, who also doesn’t have food. He pokes me back, and we have a poking fight. We giggled the whole time, well Rennie did, taking our minds off of food, and the eating of food. Rennie randomly stops poking me and starts whining.

“Rennie, stop why don’t we just go up and get food?” I say explaining the obvious.

“We can’t.” he says plainly. “ We were the late losers, and losers don’t deserve food.” He pouts and goes on playing the poking game by himself.

“What?”

“Rennie, we are not losers.” I say giving him reassurance.

“Yes we are, Pan says if you’re late for food you’re a loser, and losers don’t get food.”

“Well Peter is wrong. We can get food if we’re hungry Rennie.”

He just shakes his head in denial.

“Rennie,” I say standing up not turning around, “look I’ll just grab some-

Someone crashes into me. It was the boy. The boy that has been staring at me. It looked like he was holding a plate of food, which is now all over the ground.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry!” I say helping him pick up his food.

“No,” he says softly, “it’s fine.”

I hand him his food and plate giving him an awkward smile.

“I hope I didn’t ruin your whole breakfast.”

“Oh, it wasn’t for me.” He says in a still small voice.

“It was for you.”

 || OMG 1,000 READS WHAT, WHAT?! Thank you guys so much! I know I reached this amount like, yesterday but I'm still asdfghjgf,dsa,SNBDFM. Thank you to anyone who voted, commented, or even just read! I love everyone! I thought for 1,000 reads I would do a double update this week, so expect another one! Oh and who do you guys think the mysterious boy is? Leave a comment below! I'll give you a big hint: If you watch ouat you already know of this person c;