Chapter 15

At least a day goes by and I notice that all around me things were changing. The air’s humid, the sun is burning brighter, and everything was much alive. It almost felt like.. summer. I couldn’t be. I left only a few weeks ago and it was fall. Hopefully with the new weather things would change around here, in a good way, of course.

~

Sleeping  comfortable, still in Peter’s room, something awakens me. It sounded like thumps. Each thump grew louder and louder. I really didn’t want to get up today. The summer feel was making me tired. I finally hear a creak which I assume is my door being opened.

“Hazel!” The voice whispers.

“Get up!”

“Go away.” I mummer.

“Hazel, we have to get up. It’s training day!”

“What time is it?” I say still with my eyes closed.

“About four or five o’clock.”

“What?!” I say now fully awake ready to kill the voice that has just awakened me at four or five o’clock.  Except that voice was Rennie.

“Rennie?!”

“What are you doing here?” I basically scream at him.

“Whoa, you look scary.”

“Yes, Rennie I probably do, because it’s freaking four o’clock.”

“Sorry!” He still whispers.

“I told you its training day!”

“Rennie.” I say grabbing both of his shoulders

“What the hell is training day!?”

“I can’t tell you now! We already missed breakfast!”

“So get up, and ready!”

“Okay, fine.”

I stand up but I notice that Rennie just stands there just smiling.

“Um Rennie, I need to get changed.”

“Okay.” He says still keeping the same position.

“Rennie, that means you can leave.”

“Do you need help?” He says still smiling.

“No Rennie, unless you have a brush.”

“What’s a brush?” He says seriously confused.

“It has a handle, and it has a bunch of bristles and- you know what, it’s fine, jut , good bye Rennie, and I’ll be right out, okay?”

“Okay, bye- bye.”

I smile and shut the door.  I quickly get changed wanting to know more about this “training.” Since I still don’t have a brush I just throw my beanie on. Opening the door I noticed that there was no one inside so I could safely walk outside. This whole training thing must be a big deal. I couldn’t find anyone, anywhere so I quickly walk towards camp. There I see Rennie.

“Hey bud!” I say smiling.

“Why weren’t you at the tree?”

“Well..” He says slowly.

“Because I made you this!”

In his hand Rennie shows me a comb type thing, that looks like it was made from a pink shell of some sort. It was nice looking except the teeth on the comb looked like they were as sharp as needles.  

“Oh, um thank you Rennie?”

“It’s a brush!”

“Like you wanted!”

“Right!” I say a little scared, I mean you could use this thing as a weapon.

“I tried to make it girly so I found a pink shell and I carved the bristles with my knife. “

“I was pretty hard because the shell kept breaking but I was able to do it!”

“Yes you did Rennie!”

“And I love it!”

I wouldn’t dream of using it unless I wanted to kill myself, but that doesn’t mean I won’t cherish it forever.  

“Why don’t you put it away!”

“So it doesn’t get lost, of course.”

I try protesting telling him I don’t want to walk back, but he keeps going.

“So when you’re done putting it in your room just meet us at the training grounds, we’re starting in fifteen minutes.”

“What training grounds?”

“Remember, where we picked the berries?” He says adorably annoyed.

“Oh, alright Mr. Sassy Pants.” I smile rubbing his little head.

“See you in fifteen minutes.”  I wave and walk away.

I arrive at the tree only taking about five minutes. I go inside and walk towards my room, I mean Peter’s room. I know it’s his room but everything in it just makes me feel protected for some reason. I quickly light the candle and I set the “brush” on the table. I take my beanie off and I look into the mirror. Holy crap my hair hates me. I stare at the “brush” wanting to take the chance of killing myself if it means nice hair. I hold my hand right above it just waiting to see what I’m going to do.

“I wouldn’t use it if I were you.”

“Oh what the hell.” I say out of pure shock.

I quickly turn around not really surprised. It was just a cocky grin.

“Pan, what a horrible surprise.” I say giving him a fake smile. 

“Aw not happy to see me?”

“No,” I say instantly, “not really.”

“Well, I come bearing a gift!” He says smiling with his hands behind his back.

“Does this have anything to do with you grabbing me the other day?” I say with my hands on my hips.

“No,” he says rolling his eyes, “ it’s related to the death tool your little friend made you.”

Right there was possibly the pretties brush I have ever seen. It wasn’t some cheap plastic brush but a different kind. Its handle and back was pure metal and on it was a pretty design. The bristles looked like actual hair, from an animal. I wasn’t a big fan of the animal hair but it still looked pretty, and it was use able.  

“Thank you.” I say quietly, gently grabbing the brush.  

I notice he doesn’t leave so I walk towards the mirror and I start to brush my hair but it doesn’t work. It just keeps getting tangled in all my hair. I guess the bristles are strong enough. Slowly Peter walks up behind my not looking at me but my hideous hair. He takes the brush out of my hands gently and begins to brush my hair slowly.

“You have to be careful.” He says simply still focused on brushing my hair.

I nod my head and I watch him through the mirror. It was weirdly comforting but weird. I couldn’t stop him though, it would just be even more awkward. As soon as he finishes he turns me around so we’re face to face. He hands me the brush without breaking eye contact.

“Meet us at the grounds in five minutes.”  

I try answering back but then he disappears.

Holy shit did that just happen? Was this considered brush sex? I was a little scared but I really couldn’t say anything. Oh, and where the hell did he get the brush.

|| Is it weird that i'm laughing. Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for reading,voting, and especially commenting! I like seeing what you guys think of the whole fanfiction or just a chapter in general! I do want everybody to know that I have so much more to write and I have an idea what it's going to be but I have no idea how I'm going to end this. But yes, ily :)