Chapter 16

I just stand there still speechless but I soon arrive back into reality remembering that I had to go to the "training grounds." I couldn't say anything,  I couldn't do anything but walk. I walked, and I could finally see the top of the huge tree from the first time Rennie and I went there. You know what, fuck the training grounds. What the actual fuck. I don't. My hair lost its virginity before me. How, like, I. I'll just go walk to the stupid grounds and I'm not looking at Peter. Nope, I'll walk right up to Rennie. No, no, nope. Rennie is my one and only friend. No one else. Well, except Bae... but Peter is most definitely not my friend. Was he ever, though?

"Oh hell no!" I scream, and laugh obnoxiously.

I quickly cover my mouth like it will somehow help.

I get to the clear area and I notice everyone is there and everyone heard me.

"Well shit." I mutter under my breath like it was some sort of a surprise.

I awkwardly give everyone a small smile and I nonchalantly walk towards Rennie. Everyone still watches me, of course but I just try to ignore them by talking to Rennie.

 "So everyone heard me." I say knowing the answer.

"Yup." He replies.

"I never doubted it." I smile at him.

He smiles back. And it seems that everyone has carried on to their "duties".

"What are we doing, again." I smile dumbly.

Out of nowhere Rennie throws a sword at me, I assume he wanted me to catch it.

"Uhh," I say awkwardly, "thanks for trying to kill me."

"Yeah, well you were supposed to catch it."

"Yeah, well I didn't." I say right back in a mocking tone.

I pick up the sword and I start to examine it. Rennie quickly knocks the sword out of my hand with his own sword. I pick it back up but while standing up Rennie has the edge of his sword to my neck. 

"First rule of fighting is to never let your guard down." He said lowering it from me.

"Fighting?" I say almost amused. "Who said I was fighting?"

"Why do you think this place is called the fighting grounds?"

"I.." I'm not finishing the sentence.

"Well let's do this?" I say in a questioning voice.

I pick the sword up, once again, and I ready myself.

~

After ten minutes of randomly swinging Rennie said "You suck." and "Block my sword with your own." Like Rennie calm yourself, I will learn the way I want to learn thank you sir. He was right though, I had no idea what I was doing.

"Okay fine, teach me!"

"Teach you?"

"Yeah, didn't you say you would teach me?"

"Not really," he said awkwardly, " I was just giving you tips.."

"Tips?" I say a little irritated.

"I'm only twelve?!" He says as some sort of comeback.

"Twelve?!" I say at the dumb excuse. " Than how did you learn how to fight like this!?"

"Like everyone else." He says crossing his arms.

I my mental-self basically falls to the ground and shrivels up into a prune.

"Peter." I say with my hands over my face.

"Yup!" He says with proud and smug features.

Then I knock him to the ground, just so he can get on my level.

He looks at my with a grumpy face.

"Meany!" He sticks his tongue out.

"Sorry Rennie, it's just..ughhh."

"What?" He says now interested. "You can tell me, we're best friends, remember?"

"We are best friends." I say simply.

"I just really want you to teach me because we're best friends!"

"Oh." He says holding the "Oh" out.

"Then you really have to concentrate, okay?"

I nod, pick up my sword and stand up.

"Do you know how to use any weapon?"

"N-,"

I did though. My pocket knife, but I never really used it as a weapon.. well I mean on special occasions..

"A pocket knife." I say lamely.

"Well, just pretend your sword is like your knife except a bit bigger, that's all!"

"Right." I'm screwed.

~

After about thirty minutes of practicing it seemed that there was a little brake.

"You're doing great!"

"Thanks Rennie." I say still trying to catch my breath. "You're a great teacher!"

"Well, I mean you're not that good." He says giggling.

"Shut up!" I laugh.

"What are we doing now?" I say while everyone is moving towards the right side of the field.

"There's a nearby stream and we all take a break before it hits an hour of training." He says as we start walking.

"What are we training for any ways?"

"At the end of training we play this big game and you have to bring back an animal but that's not important right now. You just have to focus on the training part and worry about the rest latter."

I nod not really paying any attention.

We take our time walking towards the stream but not too long. It was beautiful, yes, there was a stream but there was also a water fall cascading into the stream. Everything in the area looked extra peaceful and extraordinary.  It was so perfect it almost looked fake. I bend down and take a drink of the water. I didn't bother checking it because the taste of it already warned me of its purity, not only that but it was ice cold. Taking one more drink I stand up facing Rennie.

"A stream Rennie," I say annoyed, "did you forget the water fall that came with it."

"Sorry, I guess I never really noticed its beauty before we just have so many beautiful places here that they couldn't compare to anything." He gives me a light smile, probably thinking of those places.

"Then why do we stay at the crap tree and camp? I mean it's cool but if you're saying that there are better places like this then why don't we go there?"

"We travel all around Neverland, but the camp stays as camp and the tree stays as base. It's only like that because there are certain things in this part of the island that we have to stay by, and he says it's the safest part, and I kind of believe him."

"Well, I just hope someday I'll see those places you talked about," I smile at him, "and maybe you could be the one to show me."

"That sounds swell." He says calmly.

I laugh, "Swell?"

"Yup, swell."

And we both take a seat by the stream.

|| would this be considered a cliff hanger?

Hey guys! What's up? I know I didn't post soon enough like I should but I stink so sorry xd, I still ily you! Oh and no big deal almost 4,000 reads?! I'm probably going to die. Like its crazy! I've also noticed that a lot more people have been adding my story to their reading list and it makes me like flip. Same thing with the votes, and comments! I do want to confirm that I do change chapters 1-10 or even 1-15 xd a lot because somethings seem like a five year old wrote it or I just spelled something wrong xdd but I do all those things because I feel like it would make it better! I hope you guys don't mind and I hope you enjoyed the new chapter :)