Chapter 9

Before heading out to camp I ask Rennie if we could walk, of course being a little gentleman, he said yes. I knew it was quiet late, because when I fell on the island it was already dark.  Still not knowing what we do here I simply ask Rennie.

"So, what are we going to do, back at camp?" I say awkwardly breaking the silence.

"Well, we all sit around the camp fire telling each other stories, or Pan will play his pipe."

"Alright, no singing though?" I say with the deepest hope that I won't have to sing again.

 Rennie looks at me laughing, "No, no singing."

Thank you, god, thank you.

Peter's POV

"So who is she?" he says still confused.

"Hazel." I say clearly not answering his question.

"I know that," he said, "but-

Before he could finish I had just noticed that he had a giant cut on his face.

"Bloody hell, Felix," I say laughing, "who did that to you?"

" It's nothing.." He almost whispered.

"You're lying Felix." I say in a sarcastic voice.

"Really, it's just a little cut. 

"Felix, it's about the size of your hand." I say now annoyed that he won't tell me.

"Wait," I say with a grin," it was her, wasn't it, Hazel."

"Well..I..-

"Shut up Felix, just accept you got bitched and lost. God, stop acting like a pussy."

He tries saying something back, but no words come out of his mouth.

"You never answered my question." He finally says.

"Oh, but I will."

Hazel's POV

We get to camp and I notice everyone is getting ready to sit down, and just relax.

I take the furthest seat by the fire, having Rennie sit to the right of me. I was tired but I knew I needed to be awake for I haven't learned everything about Neverland, and what everyone does here. Finally, it seems that all the older and younger boys were all around the fire. I notice a boy about my age was staring at me. As soon as I meet his eyes he looks away, so I give him a little smile. I don't know, I think, maybe I could make another friend?

"In honor of our new lost girl, I say she should give us a little story, don't you think boys?"

They all reply with a creepy stare looking at me like I had to do it, or die. I didn't understand. Why, I don't want to sing, I don't want to speak, I just wanted to leave. Have an adventure, but so far, this adventure was just time consuming. I see that all the boys in front of me scoot out of the way so everyone could see me from the back. Of course my cheeks get heated, why, why do I have to get embarrassed so easily it was so.. embarrassing.  Like, how many times am I going to have to "perform" because if this happens again, well, I'm probably going to lose it.

I look down at my boots and begin a story my Nana told me.

"There once was a girl who could fly. She didn't do it on her own though, she had help. It was magic. It lifted her into the air, so that she could go anywhere. The anywhere was an island. It was beautiful, but it was not empty, on this island there was much life. Life as in people, young people. She made friends with them, but she had to leave, for she could not stay on the island, but she had to go home. Where she belonged.  All though she had a great adventure, she could never stay, she had to grow up. Uh..yeah, the end."

It was silent, everyone was looking at me, not in amusement, but a cold stare. It was like I slapped all of them in the face.

 "You should leave." One of them said.

Still, everyone watched me, in silence, waiting to see if I would leave. Even Rennie was staring, that's when I knew I had to go.

 What did I say? What have I done? I was confused. I start to walk away slowly, without turning around. I try saying something, but words don't come out. I felt..horrible. I was confused, yes, but I felt horrible. When they can no longer see me backing away, I start to run. I run as fast as my damn skinny jeans will let me. I didn't know what to do. I stop, finally, and right in front of me was Peter. He didn't look anrgy, sad, or like me confused. He didn't look like anything. His face held no emotion. 

"You know you hurt them."

"I.. didn't know.. I just told.."

"Okay, I get it. You didn't know." He says.

"What did I say.." I said with sadness, and confusion.

"The girl in the story." He says at once.

"You said she left to grow up."

So, I thought. Was that seriously it? Just because I said my Nana left to be with her parents again, left to grow up.. 

"No one here wants to grow up. It's something that doesn't happen in Neverland."

"It was a story," I say angry,"I didn't expect everyone to take it so seriously,and it's just a part of life."

"Well, not here." He says while staring at me. He was pissed but he wasn't going to show it.

"Who was she." He said crossing hims arms, only inches away from my face." Who was the girl."

"It's just a story..she was made up."

"We both know that's not true, Hazel. If you won't tell me," he gives me a small laugh before finishing," I'll make you."

 I stare back, into his eyes, knowing he was dead serious.

"Wendy." I say without breaking eye contact. " It was Wendy."  

|| Oh, shit just got cray. xd omg thank you for the reads guys! I hope the story is decent enough to read! If you think something seems weird I will gladly fix it!  Once again, thank you so much! :))