Chapter 22

Eden

CLICK. Mind-picture number I don't know what number. To be remembered for eternity.

I had taken so many of those imaginary pictures in my head since we got to know each other better, I couldn't keep track of how many anymore. But this moment right here must be one of the most important one so far, since it is the moment I realized that I love him.

What should I do about it now? Should I tell him? I'm pretty sure it'll freak him out, and I don't want that! I don't want to lose this comfortable atmosphere between us. Wait! That's what I'm gonna do! Just wait. I should take more time to think about my feelings again, when I'm alone.

"Here! Drink your coffee," he said after turning around to grab the hot beverage. I sat up, took a sip and thanked him for the delicious treat. "What do you want for breakfast?" You. Every single day. I grinned as those thoughts crossed my mind, and he reciprocated by winking at me. If you only knew.

He held out his hand for me to grab, which I did and led me to the kitchen. "So, again. What do you want for breakfast?" He asked. "I want what you're having," I grinned as I sat on a counter stool in front of his kitchen isle from where I could watch him prepare our food. His kitchen was elegantly designed in dark brown, almost black wood color with marbled work surface. Oh how I love watching a man cook, especially when he is cooking just for me.

He worked methodically and efficiently, with impressive knife skills. However, the best thing about the whole scene was watching him do all that in just his boxer briefs. I ogled shamelessly. His arm muscles looked impressive while he handled the knife. His v-shape built torso, the broad shoulders and slim hips, was a sight to behold. As if he could carry the whole world on those remarkable shoulders. Not the whole world per se, but a lot.

The food was done soon and we enjoyed eating our breakfast in comfortable silence as we sat across from each other at his dining table. I was focused on the egg omelette and the fruits he had prepared. He on the other hand only ate a few bites and asked me if it would bother me if he read the paper, which of course it didn't.

When I finished my food, I just sat there and stared at him intently, while he was engrossed behind his newspaper. He had to have felt my gaze because he looked around his paper and my empty plate, "Do you want something else?"

"You and me in the shower," was my instantaneous reply. Did I just say that out loud? Oh my god! Eden! What the hell? Is your filter broken? My face was a mask of shock and horror. However, he just answered with a wide grin, folded the paper and put it on the table, "That can be very easily arranged." My body was flooded with adrenaline at the prospect of us together in the shower.

He stood up from his chair and walked over to my side of the table. In thrilled anticipation, I left my chair and greeted him expectantly as he lowered his lips onto mine. My senses were numbed by our sensuous kissing, hence I was completely taken by surprise when he lifted me over his shoulder and made his way to the bathroom. I reckoned that he couldn't get us there fast enough.

*

After our time in the bathroom I was squeaky clean and exhausted at the same time. Needless to say, it was the most enjoyable shower I had ever had, and I hoped it won't be the last time. I borrowed a shirt from him, since mine got wet as it laid abandoned on his bathroom floor. "So, what are we gonna do today?" I asked him. "I have something in mind, but I won't tell you. It's a surprise," he replied with an mischievous grin.