Chapter 63

Keane

Life had been hectic lately to say the least. The truth about my father and anything that came along with it was more than anyone could handle. Suddenly I was assigned an important position in my father's company. I wasn't planning on doing just any job I wasn't going to be happy with, but I had to get out of my hiding place first and then start working towards whatever it was that I wanted to do professionally.

Eden and I were happy despite all the media trouble that kept appearing on the tabloids. We tried to communicate as best as be could to prevent any misunderstandings, as we wouldn't want some trashy gossip ruin our relationship.

However, there was the issue with her ex-boyfriend, Vic who all of a sudden reappeared in her life. This problem got worse when he decided to bombard Eden with bouquets after bouquets of roses. To me it was obvious. He wanted Eden back.

Eden on the other hand seemed to be completely and blissfully unaware of that fact. I couldn't explain it. She had to know that when a man sends flowers to a woman, especially roses, the man wants to show his affection. All Eden told me was that Vic wanted to talk to her and that she would want and need it too. A talk to finally draw a finish line as the break up between them was a messy one. And given the fact that he was her first boyfriend, I tried to be understanding.

Yet, my patience was tested and pushed almost to the limit when the flower sending didn't stop. My fingers were itching to call one of the company's private investigators to find Vic whose last name I didn't know so I could see him and have a conversation with him. With a chat, I meant letting my fists do the talking. I knew what he was after even if Eden didn't see it.

But I didn't do it, I was sure that Eden wouldn't like that and that would not give her the final ending conversation she wishes to have with the douche. So, I just didn't say anything about the flowers and anything to her, as I didn't want to push her. I knew she had to be mentally ready for it before she could finally face him.

I asked myself countless times if the talk between them would be worth it, given how stressed out she was about it. But, I didn't say anything. It was her decision and I respected her and her choice. All I could do was wait.

But patience was not my strong suit, not in this case. Our relationship felt like it was on a standstill. It couldn't progress to the next level as we were being held back by her ex, her past.

Yet, her past wasn't the only thing that was bothering our relationship, Amanda too.

She tried to contact me by calling my phone. I didn't know where she got my number, but I recognized her phone number right away when it showed up on my screen. I didn't answer her call. I had no interest in talking to her. Amanda's coming back into my life conjured a lot of memories from the past I wasn't ready to deal with. I never wanted to have to deal with it, with her, ever.

Still, I couldn't deny the fact that something in me was stirred at her reappearance. After all, at some point in the past, she was my fiancée, the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Of course, feelings couldn't simply disappear tracelessly. She was a big part of my life in the past and she was the one that broke my heart.

My refusal to answer her call didn't discourage her. The next thing I knew, she went to visit me at my work place. Naturally, my assistant asked me first, so I could reject her and make sure she would never be let back into the building.

As a result of both Eden's and my past catching up with us, the situation between both of us became slowly but steadily uncomfortable, not only in bed but the relationship in general. She was busy with figuring out how and when to deal with and talk to Vic, and I was bothered by Amanda. Of course I didn't mention the reappearance of my ex to her, as I knew that that would only stress her out even more. I would tell her as soon as the Vic issue was resolved.