Chapter 41

Eden

Once I was in the elevator I decided to knock at Keane's door right away and talk to him, but he didn't open it. I called him on the phone several times but the calls kept going straight to voicemail. Where was he? Why wasn't he answering? When I turned around to go to my place instead I heard the ding of the elevator. I turned around expecting Keane to come out of it, instead it was Megan.

"There you are. I know where Keane is."

My eyes widened in surprise.

"Where?"

"He came to Alex's place last night, completely drunk, Eden," she explained as we stood in front of my door. When I finally managed to open it, we both entered and went straight to the living room to talk. I had so much to tell her.

"Did something happen last night? Something bad? Why did he drink that much?"

"Oh, Bobbie. So much. I have so much to tell you."

And so I began to tell her in minute detail about my last day of work at the Holloway's mansion. When I mentioned the hair and make up stylists along with the unique and gorgeous designer dresses, she whistled as her eyes widened in surprise and visibly impressed. "I mean, talk about perks of dating a fûcking rich guy," she shook her head in disbelief.

Naturally she insisted that I describe exactly which dress I chose and how I looked like after the stylists had worked their magic on me. With a smirk, I grabbed my bag and looked for my phone, there was no need for words as I took pictures of myself in front of the full frontal mirror. Who could blame me? Who is to know when I ever get the chance to get dolled up like that again.

"You took pictures? Hell yeah! Give!" she squealed excitedly as she snatched my phone from my hand which I had just pulled out of my purse. She didn't even let me enter my passcode to unlock it, instead she insisted I tell he so she could do it herself. I was sure she was paranoid that I would try to hide some pictures from her by ,taking control of the device and of the images I wanted to present. Crazy bîtch. Typical. She needed to always be in charge of everything herself.

At the mention of me walking downstairs to mingle with the crowd and a dapper looking Levi in a tuxedo, her face showed a wide grin. "Pff. You only had one boyfriend in your life, who was the biggest âsshole ever. You've never been single long enough to enjoy casual dating," Megan said annoyed, "Tsk. Tsk. And now you have two incredible guys at the same time vying for your love?"

Before I could continue with my story she interrupted me, "So, Keane saw you with Levi? Is that why he got drunk? You bîtch, did he see you making out with Levi or what?" I was shocked at her wrongful accusation, "What? No, of course not. You know me better than that."

"Actually, yeah. I just got carried away by your Hollywood-movie-like evening à la Pretty Woman last night. I was being dramatic there for a second," she apologized with a grin. "Can I tell you what happened next now?" There was a slight impatience in my tone as I wanted to get the whole story off my chest to see her reaction to the whole dilemma I was in.

After telling her what I overheard at Mr. Holloway's office, she was stunned to say the least. For once, she was speechless, opening and closing her mouth several times trying to find the right words to say. "Are you fûcking kidding me? This is surreal. I can't believe this. This is crazy." She enunciated the last word so much longer, she sounded exactly like the adjective she used. After a brief moment of silence to process the shocking news, she whistled through her teeth.