Chapter 53

Eden

"I'm so glad you like it." He smiled at me before he put his hand into the pocket of his blazer. "I have one more thing."
He pulled his hand out again and held his closed fist out to me. I stared at it as my heart began racing once again. What was the meaning of this? What could it be?

He turned his fist around and opened it. My eyes widened at what I saw.

It was a key.

I looked up again to stare into his eyes in question of what it meant. "What?"

"It's the key to my heart," he grinned. I could have sworn that my mouth fell slightly open at that corny remark and a small giggle escaped my lips. "It is?" My lips formed into a smirk and then into a thousand watts smile as I realized what he could possibly mean by it.

"It's a key to my apartment. I'm giving you one, so you can come and go as you please without having to ring the doorbell anymore once we get back tomorrow," he explained. I nodded in understanding as we both knew the underlying meaning of his gesture, namely, he was opening himself up to me, no more barriers, and I loved it, so much.

I threw myself at him with my arms around his neck in a tight embrace. "Thank you. I love you. You're incredible. You make me so happy I could burst from all the love I feel for you."

"I love you too, Eden. Your presence, your existence, you have become my safe haven, my paradise."

*

(Warning to my younger readers: Some hanky panky is happening here again. My "older" readers, kindly check out the intimate scene in my "Restricted Chapters" book, if you're interested.)

Here is the link:

https://my.w.tt/Qnq1WWvqS6

*

I was a little sad when we finally got off the yacht after saying our goodbyes to the captain and the crew. The time we spent on it was very special and Belle will forever hold a precious place in my heart. It was the place where Keane said the most important three words to me for the very first time.

"I will miss her," I said as we moved away from the yacht hand in hand after a final glance.

"Don't worry about it, we can use her whenever we want. She is mine now."

"What do you mean?" I asked in astonishment.

"Well, my father said Belle is mine now. A present. I mentioned how much you and I love it and our time on it. And just like that he gave her to me."

"Wow," I was shocked, "He must be really rich to just give yachts as presents so casually."

"Well, he is extremely rich. One of the richest according to Forbes. But he doesn't just give yachts away like that to anybody. I'm his son, and he insisted. He told me he just felt like showering me with gifts," he made a face that showed discomfort, "I think he is somehow trying to compensate for the past anyway he can, and this is just one of the ways he knows best."

The drive home went by too quickly for my taste as I slept throughout the entirety of it because I was exhausted from the previous night of lovemaking, understandably so. Keane woke me up with a kiss, and I looked around groggily and saw that we were parked close to our apartment building.