Chapter 60

Eden

After leaving the hospital premises I made a list in my head of the things I had to do. Shopping for a new dress came first because the one I had in mind that I would wear wasn't screaming seduction, and I wanted a super sexy one for the night. Then hair and makeup.

Should I or should I not get it done by professionals? Decisions, decisions...

I got my phone from my bag and dialed Levi's number to ask him about the time and exact location, as I wasn't sure anymore, I had no one else to ask, and it would be less of a surprise if I suddenly asked Keane about the details.

After hearing my plan of not telling Keane I was attending the ball after all, all Levi wanted to know was where I was, instead of answering my question. I told him how busy I was going to be, but he insisted on knowing because he wanted to pick me up and help me with everything.

Instinctively, I thought that maybe he could help me pick out a dress since Megan wasn't around to give me an honest opinion. I waited for thirty minutes in a nearby coffee shop, and I when saw Levi's sports car approaching in the distance I got up and was ready to hop in once his car stopped in front of me.

"Hello beautiful. Get in," he grinned in greeting as he got off his vehicle to hold open the car door for me. Such a gentleman. What a cliché too. He had his sunglasses on, and the sunbeams were gleaming on his hair, making it even more glossy and shiny. The roof of his convertible sports car was down. It was only then that I realized what a gorgeous day it was.

Once in the car, he drove off without asking me where to go. "Hmm...where do you think you're driving us?" I was confused and amused at the same time, "The store I had in mind is in the other direction."

"Don't you worry, my dear. I've got you. Trust me." His smile was almost too blinding to bear, and contagious too. So, I decided to humor him and have him drive me wherever he thought was best. However, after a few minutes I realized that he wasn't driving to any store or shopping area, instead we were heading to the Holloway mansion.

"What are we doing here?"

"We're getting you ready for the ball, of course," I could tell that he was having a blast with my cluelessness, "I shall be your fairy godmother tonight."

"Oh no," I was hesitant about the meaning of his words, "What are you up to now?"

"Don't give me that look. There is really no need to worry. Come on," he got off the vehicle after parking right in front of the Holloway mansion. Once again, he opened the car door for me and helped me out of it.

"There are some people waiting for you inside."

"For me? There? In your house?"

Who could possibly be waiting for me in his house?

We went straight to the living room. "Eden, darling," came a voice and the owner of it gave me a big and tight hug in greeting.

It was Jacques, the main stylist who helped me out the last time there was a party in this very house. His many assistants were sitting on the couch drinking from delicate China cups, but they too got on their feet after seeing me to hug me as well. That was what he meant with him being my fairy godmother then. Hair and makeup, check and check. No need to worry about that anymore, I guess.