Chapter 56

Eden

Megan chose the club, and luckily it wasn't as crowded as I had expected because a new one had just recently been opened close by. We both made a beeline straight for the bar and waited for the bartender to take our order. There were two women right next to us with a British accent. I looked at them curiously but as inconspicuously as I could manage.

"Come on, Lou! Just one round of slammers, please!" One of them said. It I was the one with curly hair and she was begging her friend who had straight dark brown hair. They both looked gorgeous and somewhat familiar, but I couldn't quite place their faces, however, I was sure I knew them from somewhere.

"Sarah, we have the press meeting tomorrow morning and the soundcheck straight after. Tequila slammers are not a good idea... "

"Shoot, Lucy! Why are you being so boring? You could have just said you didn't want to come out tonight..."

So, Sarah was the one with the curly hair, while Lucy the one with the straight dark hair. That and their talk of soundcheck and press meetings was when it hit me. I couldn't believe my eyes, seeing two members of the famous girl group CALIS was unexpected to say the least. I didn't recognize them right away because I didn't expect in a million years to meet them in a club no less.

I pinched Megan in her side as she was busy scanning the crowd while she stood with her back leaning on the bar counter. Bobbie looked at me and I whispered into her ears what I suspected. Her eyes widened and she immediately checked them out.

"And leave you alone? Never! One round, Sarah! Then I'll have some girly drinks just to keep you company, "Lucy said with a smirk and Sarah snorted.

"Your boyfriend has girly drinks, not you! I want my partner in crime back!" Sarah screamed.

Before I knew it Megan walked over to the two women and grinned at Sarah. "I could be your partner in crime for the night." My mouth fell open at Megan's audacity. She just very nonchalantly talked to the members of one of our favorite girl groups, as if they were regular people and not super stars in the music business.

"Can you hold your drink? If you can, you're my new best friend as Luciana here is being a total party pooper!" Sarah said.

"Oh, yes I can." Megan looked so confident and pleased with herself, as if all of her drinking in her whole life was practice to be able to keep up with one of her favorite singers. And now, the time had finally come to prove herself to Sarah who was known to be a party girl, a bottomless pit like Megan.

"You are Sarah and Lucy from CALIS, right?" Bobbie asked the two women, who nodded with a smile, "I'm Megan and this is Eden." She pulled me from behind her and put her arm around my waist when she introduced me to them. We all shook hands.

Sarah immediately ordered the drinks after the introduction while Megan nudged me forward after whispering in my ear, "Go talk to Lucy about your problems with the media, and ask her how they deal with it. They're pros, she can definitely help you."

I knew it was a brilliant idea, but I felt self-conscious in the presence of such a star. So, I was hesitant when I moved closer to Lucy who winked me over to follow her to a secluded area where a table had just become available.

"Aren't you coming?" Megan stayed behind with Sarah. "No, I'll be here with Sarah. Tonight is the night, where I will find out if anyone can outdrink me." Bobbie laughed a devilish laugh. "HarHarHar."

Lucy and I took a seat next to each other so we could talk over the noise. I didn't realize what a fan girl I could be until then, because it was the first time I had ever come face to face with such a famous person I admired.