3 - New Aquaintances

I wrote half of this on my mobile, so sorry for any spelling mistakes. BTW I decided to only add videos in this story that I made myself :) Not the best but something only I did.

"This is Odin but you already knew that." Odin gave me a quick glance before turning his gaze to his son who was gesturing with his hands pointing at people, telling me their names.

"And this is Frigga, my mother." Frigga was a woman with golden locks and elderly looks though she still had beautiful features. She wore a blue gown with golden plates and right now she was giving me a warm smile, nodding her head at me as greetment.

"It's a pleasure to meet the future wife of my son properly." She said. At her words I suddenly remembered what was going to come and what my father and my folk expected of me. I had no choice but to marry him, if not for my father, then for my people. It was the best for my kingdom. Asgard could give us protection, a safer life for everyone.

"It's all my pleasure. An honour to be promised to someone like Thor." I said with the most polite voice I could muster but it still sounded rehearsed. Frigga noticed, too, because she frowned.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that."

"Thor!" Someone shouted, saving me from this awkward conversation. We both turned around, Thor already grinning.

"Volstagg!" He cried out. They laughed and did this weird half-hug that I envied looking at. They seemed so happy.

"Leah, this is Volstagg, one of the Warriors Three. Volstagg, princess Leah, my fiancé." Thor introduced. Volstagg was a little bigger person than most and he had an orange coloured beard. He looked friendly, his eyes had a kind of warmness in them. Volstagg looked at me with big eyes.

"Nice to meet you." I said, holding out my hand, trying to ignore the look Volstagg was giving me. But Volstagg didn't take the hand, he bowed. My eyes widened at that, I didn't expect him to bow. I was just a stranger to him after all.

"My princess." He said.

"Ehrm...y-you didn't have to-"

"I insist." Volstagg interrupted, slowly standing up. I was speechless, and for a moment it was completely still, but to my luck three other persons entered the big room and greeted Thor and Volstagg with laughs and hugs.

One of them had short, blonde hair and blue eyes. He had a constant smirk on his face and his posture shouted self-confident. Next to him there was a woman with long black hair and amour, normally women in Asgard didn't wear such an attire, so it could only be one. Sif, I assumed. She was beautiful yet she looked strong, she just had this stubborn aura around her. She was one to win every fight.

Then there was another man, he had short, black hair and dark - brown eyes. His skin was olive, making me wonder if he was from Vanaheim. At least he didn't look like an Asgardian. I didn't notice they had all turned to me and were either simply staring or mustering me.

"It's always nice to meet beautiful women, especially princesses." The blonde one was the first to speak. He took my hand in his and kissed it lightly, gazing up at me with a smirk. A womanizer. I wasn't going to blush like most females probably did in this situation, I wasn't that kind of stupid to fall for his charms.

"Nice to meet Thor's friends and family. " I replied. A smile forced its way onto my face and I saw Sif glancing at me warily, Womanizer smirking and Volstagg grinning while the black haired one had no expression at all. I didn't quite know what to think about him yet but then again I only knew all of them for a few minutes. I shouldn't be judging them already.

"I'm sorry for the rudeness of my friends. They're not used to strangers. My name is Fandral, do I get the honour to hear yours?" Fandral asked, his smirk still on his face. I was a bit annoyed at him although I hate to admit he was kind of sympathetic.

"I'm Leah." I didn't want to make a purposeless and long introduction. He didn't need to know more than my name anyway, at least not yet. Another silence hung in the air after that. Neither of us knew what to say until Thor spoke up.

"This is lady Sif." He told me and pointed at the black - haired woman which confirmed my assumption. Lady Sif still seemed wary as she looked me up and down, not breaking her gaze when I stared back.

"Don't let her fool you. She's stronger - and nicer - than she seems. Sif is one of our best warriors." Thor said with a quiet chuckle in his voice.

"And this is Hogun, he's from Vanaheim. Don't worry, we believe that this grim expression is just the natural state of his face. He is nicer than he cares to admit." Again Thor chuckled. To me it was his sign of affection. He loved every single one of them like only 'best friends forever' would.

I wished I had friends like Thor but all I ever had was my father and the guards, protecting the palace, and the people that called me their princess. Hogun laughed at Thor's comment, nodding his head in agreement. Fandral did, too, whereas Sif only slightly smiled. Hogun didn't even care.

"All this laughing made me hungry. Where can I get some good food?!" Volstagg questioned loudly and Thor, Fandral, Sif and even me laughed.

"You're always hungry, Volstagg. The one moment you can't stuff your mouth with food, you will not die. " Sif said laughing. Volstagg pouted like a little girl that was told unicorns don't exist, making me fall into another fit of giggles. I have never felt so comfortable around people as I did now.

"Can I at least get some good wine?!" Volstagg shouted, so the servants would certainly hear him. I was sure they would've heard him without shouting as loud as he did though. Not even five minutes later a servant appeared with a golden cup of wine on a tray. Volstagg downed it all in one gulp.

"Is this healthy?" I couldn't help but whisper quietly to Thor, who shook his head amused.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.